Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5th | Weekly Wrap Up #24

I skipped a week because I literally finished one book and one single issue that week, because my mom started moving and I was very, very anxious (stressed because of that but also anxious because anxiety is an asshole). And we had one slightly chilly day so I started crocheting (you crochet? you might be asking - yes, I do as of the Tuesday before last. I know how to knit, have known for years, but I think I like crocheting better? (Don't tell knitting, shhh).

Anyway - this is a book blog, I think, i've been a little stressed and scattered, but I think that's still what this is, right?

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Captain America: White #1 by Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale (4/5)
I haven't read any of the other color series that they've done, but I'm here for this one? I haven't gotten to into comic Steve pre-modern time (mostly I've read some of Brubaker's run, want to read more, but that's pretty modern with some flashbacks). This is pretty much all flashback, also it almost made me cry two pages in, so there's that.

The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien (5/5)
It took me almost a month to read this, but it was so damn good. There was so much I loved of this book, that I just felt so deeply. It's so very stark and honest feeling, and the way he talks about storytelling might be one of my favorite things ever. And I'm glad as hell I picked this up.

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith (3/5)
So adorable. It was just so adorable and also painful, she captured that feeling really well, that 'we're leaving for college' feeling.

Driven to Distraction (Hollywood Heat #2) by Ashleigh Raine (2/5)
I didn't read the first one, this one seemed more interesting. And it was - fine. It wasn't strictly bad but it definitely wasn't really good either? But it was kind of what I expected - minimal plot, fun characters, like 80% sex. So it was fun, that's it.

Legion (Legion #1) by Brandon Sanderson (4/5)
I first read this by listening to it on audio and I don't remember when that was (September 2013, wow what a good I did, reading it exactly two years later). And I enjoyed it, it definitely kind of feels like a set up thing and too short, but I really love this idea and I think it could be super interesting and intense.

Stuff:
So stuff hasn't really been happening. I've been watching mostly peoples monthly wrap ups and not a whole hell of a lot else. I've been anxious and crocheting and mostly failing at reading - if I haven't read in like two days it still feels like failing to me for some reason. And I've just been kind of very anxious on top of everything with everything going on - it's been insane since I moved, it hasn't really let up. And I really cannot wait until it's all over and we're both settled (and I have god damn heat. It was so damn cold the last few days, legally we're suppose to have it by October 15th, we'll see how that goes), but hopefully then I'll be able to take a few days to decompress and breathe.

Until then - I'm sorry to say blogging stuff is going to be pretty spotty and probably a little underlining thing of (ahhhhhhhhhhh). Hopefully by the end of the month that'll mostly be over, but we'll see.

On the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment