Monday, December 3, 2012

I apologize (again) and December TBR

And I am once again apologizing about not posting. I'm just not very good at posting regularly, apparently, I was getting better at it. It's not even lack of ideas or lack of stuff to share, I just forget. November is just the most crazy month and this past one was even crazier then normal. November for me in NaNoWriMo and since I barely had time to sleep, I had even less time to blog. November is National Novel Writing Month. Well, it is for me, anyway.  For those of you scratching your head in confusion, NaNoWriMo is a month long writing project where you try to write a novel or 50,000 (50k) words in a month. It's insane and awful and my favorite month of the year.
And I devote any free time I'm not going school work to writing. And it definitely paid off this year. I overachieved last year, aimed for more then 50k, and this year my goal was 150k and I blew past that and ended up over 220,000 thousands words. So my not blogging showed, I just wish that I had remembered to schedule some posts.

Now onto my December TBR, I'm not even going to bother to do a November wrap-up because I read1 short thing and listened to an audiobook so it's not even worth the words. However, I now have 11 books I need to read to reach my goal of 100 books. And that's doable for me if I just focus on reading, which I really want to do having not gotten any reading done in November.

So there a couple books for some book clubs and such. There are also a couple books that I'm in the middle of.

Book Clubs:
  • Succubus Blues(Georgia Kincaid #1) by Richelle Meade
  • Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken

And one of my book clubs is reading the Hobbit. I kind of want to read The Lord of the Rings before it, yes I saw the movies but I still want to read the books, and the Hobbit is coming out very soon. So I don't know if that will happen, but I'm hoping.

Currently-Reading (and would like to finish this month):
  • World War Z by Max Brooks - This books is so very good, the only reason I didn't finish it during November was because of NaNoWriMo.
  • How They Met and other stories by David Levithan - I cannot tell you when I started this book, I could look it up on goodreads but that's not the point, it's so good, too, I just need to get to it.
  • Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - I have an ARC of this and I started reading it in like late June/early July and then I haven't picked it up again. I don't know why, either, it was fantastic and I'm about 1/2 way I think.
  • Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card - This one has been just a slow read for me, but I'm like to finish it by the end of the year, at least. It's good it's just something about it is making it hard for me.
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury - I actually need to finish this for school, I'm at the third part, I have to do school stuffs for it. So, basically, I need to finish this one, there's no question about that.
I'm currently-reading a lot of books on Goodreads, I always am, but those are ones I'd like to finish. I would also like to pick up some new ones the second omnibus of The Walking Dead, for example. Also, I'm in a classics mood, so that's a good thing. Hopefully I can get some reading done for school and be ahead instead of behind, I hate being behind in anything.

I am hoping you all take my apologizes for being such a bad blogger in November and maybe now that I have a desktop, I'll be able to get more on top of everything. Hopefully. I love blogging and reading and I really am hoping I can make extra time for it. I hope your days/weeks/months were well and, hopefully, I'll be posting again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment