Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WWW Wednesday (10)

This is one of my favorite memes to do and to read. I have no idea why, I just find it kind of fun to share what I'm reading and to see what everyone else is reading. So, without any more of my rambling, here we go. WWW Wednesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and she asks that you answer these three questions:


  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?

  • Currently-Reading:
    I am currently-reading so many books, so many. But, mainly, Mort by Terry Pratchett (book 4 in the Discworld series) and for some reason I'm just having a hard time staying into it. It's good just... weird.

    Read:
    1776: A Story in Tweets by Maureen Johnson (5/5)
    I am including this just because I loved it so much. I got it through donating to the HPA for equality for the win and I'm kind of excited about it. It was really hilarious.

    Doctor Who: Ring of Steel by Stephen Cole (3/5)
    This was good. I've listened to many Doctor Who audiobooks lately I don't even know what to do with them. None of them seem really amazing, but this might because of the audiobook form. I just have such a problem getting really into the story even in the narrator is Matt Smith or Arthur Darvill (this one is narrated by Arthur, by the way. They're both really good at it, I'm just apparently bad at getting into Audiobooks sometimes).

    World War Z by Max Brooks (5/5)
    I have a book review coming out for this tomorrow (Thursday) so I don't want to say too much, but it was really, really good. I'm not going to tell you to read it, because I don't really like that, but if it's in your TBR I'd definitely say it's worth it.

    Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid #1) by Richelle Meade (5/5)
    I wasn't sure how I was going to feel going into this. I kept picturing the main girl from Lost Girl, which is actually not a bad thing at all, and I really, really liked this one. I actually didn't expected to, but it was well written, witty, and had me guessing (which I wasn't expecting). I'll be posting a full review of this soon.

    Jack the Ripper: Hell Blade, Vol 1 by Je-Tae Yoo (2/5)
    The only reason I gave it two instead of one star is because I wasn't exepecting the ending and it made everything more more sense (kind of). This sounds like an amazing idea is theory, but I was really underwhelmed by it. I noticed too many places where details could of been but weren't and the pentical wasn't inverted, and it annoyed me too much.

    Want to Read Next:
    So many books. I have so many books on be to-read list on Goodreads and some that I own I haven't even added to that list! This is definitely not a bad thing, just there are so many books! I did a December TBR, though, which lists what I basically want to read for the month.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment