Friday, January 16, 2015

2015 Challenges | Series & Banned Books (2)

I'm kind of surprised I had to chop this up, but I didn't want to make the post too long. And this feels more manageable, so I can do separate posts for the challenges.

You may have noticed it says series up there. I'm not going to participate in any particular series challenge, not really, I'm just kind of challenging myself to finish series. I finished more then I ever thought possible in 2014, so I'm excited to see how many I could knock out (or just finish up) in 2015. I'd like to go for another 12, if possible, but since I have no idea what my reading life is going to look like at poits of this year I think I'll go with 6.

If I go over - fantastic. And if I don't, but still hit 6, then I'll still be happy with that. I own so many series that the whole thing is out and I own all of the books (normally a trilogy), and I'd like to be able to finish some of them. I really enjoy series, there are just so many of them (I have a plan to do a post all about that).


And then - the Banned Book challenge! I really enjoy banned books, I tend to read them without realizing they've been banned, however, I'd also like to try and go out of my way to read banned books, for obvious reasons. I don't think books should be banned, at all, but I think it could be much worse then it is.

This challenge is being run by Buckling Bookshelves and there are different levels, of course, that you can aim for. Not knowing how many books I read in 2014 would of counted makes this a little harder to pick, but considering some of my reading plans for next year I'm going to aim for trouble-maker, which is 3-5 banned/challenged books, I'd like to read a ton more and maybe I will, but I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself.

I mean, if I end up reread Harry Potter again then that'll be quite a few. There are others I have in mind, though, but I have no idea. (These are just some examples of what's on my mind now, I won't be sticking to this at all): His Dark Materials series, Lolita, 1984, Animal Farm - those are just some classics. I'd like to finish read something by Ellen Hopkins (all of her books, I think, have been banned/challenged at some point) and there are others that I'm sure I haven't even thought of as a 'banned book.'

I'll also, very casually, be using the popsugar 2015 reading challenge. It's more fun then anything else, some silly challenges (read a book that was published the year you were born, an author with the same initials as you, ect). And I actually know most things that could fit into these, and I wasn't going to include it in these lists, but I figured even if I was casually paying attention to it I thought I should mention it.

Do you have any plans to take part in either of these types of challenges? Or challenges at all? And whats your favorite "banned book?"

No comments:

Post a Comment