Friday, January 2, 2015

January - March TBR | TBR Double Dog Dare

Oh yeah, that's right, it's not a challenge it's a dare. And not just any dare a double dog dare. Well, I can't turn down a challenge. Also it's related to something I've been thinking about going over compiling all my end of 2014 data. I did not read a lot of things I already owned, like serious did not (I read an okay amount, but not what I would of liked. Listen - I own a shit ton of books that are unread, I need to start working through them and stop buying so many more).

To explain what the hell I'm talking about with this TBR Double Dog Dare thing. It's an idea challenge from James Reads Books about taking January through March to read as many books that you physically owned (before 2015) as you can. (I'm assuming the before 2015 thing, even before that would be better).

He says you can make exceptions and I'm probably only going to make exceptions for new releases (a Sanderson book comes out first week of January, listen). Besides that, though, I've got stacks of books I want to read super soon and Bout of Books 12 is the secondish week of January.

I'm going to list some stuff/ideas at the bottom, but I'm obviously probably not going to stick to it (I'm just not, TBRs and me don't always mesh), but it's what I want to read soon or in arms reach. Series I want to marathon for a read-a-thon or just because I now own it and can (*cough* Ouran *cough*)

That's pretty much it, I think. Read as many physical books are you can, I'm going with they had to be bought before January 1st. (His post for this specifically). And onto tentative and wishful plans, as all TBRs tend to be with me.

  • Ouran High School Host Club manga (christmas present to myself, all 18 volumes, let's do this shit).
  • The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman (let's do this shirt
  • The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami
  • Freak by Kristin Elizabeth Clark
  • Elantris and The Allow of Law by Sanderson
I also have a ton of backlog comics (trades and single issues) and also manga (Death Note up to volume... 8? And then a handful of others). I don't want to guess too much, even though this is going to be for the next three months. I'd like to read more from Maggie Stiefvater (Blue Lily, Lily Blue but also her faerie books), I've also got a few duologies and series I'd like to marathon to knock them out early in the year.

I don't want to jinx myself, which sounds silly but I'd just be naming whatever my eye catches on anyway (which is also silly). Those all seem highly probably, though, especially for the next three months.

It's a new year! I hope yours started off well (and, if not, at least not too badly?). My 2015 reading resolutions post should be up soon along with my 2014 favorites, I've been working on a bunch of posts for this beginning of the year time and I hope you check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment