Thursday, September 3, 2015

2015 Goals Update

So it's now quite a bit over halfway through the year, but I still wanted to get this post up. If not just to organize my thoughts, but also maybe for some feedback, depending on where those thoughts lead to. As might be obvious from the title - this is going to be a post talking about my progress in relation to the goals I made for my reading at the beginning of the year.

I'm also, as you can tell by my lack of posts, trying to get back into writing posts and I feel like this kind of thing will help me refocus my energies a bit. Also, the weather hopefully will start cooling off soon, which I'm always looking forward to by this point.

First - read 100 books - well, by my goodreads challenge, I'm completely done with this. But I've been counting single issues on there, which I think I'm still going to do next year (I like everything together there, it's nice), but I'd rather go by my spreadsheet and towards those 100 I'd include novels and then collected single issues (trades) and graphic novels (everything but single issues, pretty much. And currently, for that count I'm at: novels - 57, graphic novels/trades - 40. Which, if my math is correct here, is 95. So I think it's safe to say I'll get to 100 probably very soon. However, it'd also be kind of cool to get to 100 book books, but I really don't think that's going to happen just because of how slump-y I've been since after the first month, which I feel like I'm just pulling myself out of (maybe, though, who knows). (Also I don't want to put too much stress on myself, because I've learned I then just stop reading.

Read more physical books/ buy less books - although it doesn't seem like it on the surface, I do think I'm buying less books (this month has not been good for that, but I think it's just because of getting back into podcasts and stress. Hopefully, September will be better and onward).

Complete series - I have not been doing good for this one, though I didn't technically set a number. I've completed three so far, which is one better then 2013, but I'm still a little disppointed in myself since I completed 12 in 2014 (trying to not be stressed about it, though. I've been reading a lot of pretty good books, that's all that matters)

weekly wrap ups - I was doing great with this before I went on hiatus the first time, even though I wasn't reading as much, I was having a lot of fun mentioning and talking about other things, but I've now fallen off the wagon with it a little. I'm thinking of doing it every two weeks, depending on how much I'm reading / on the internet (my mom's going to be moving, NaNoWriMo - I'm not going to be near a computer for either of that).

more discussions/reviews - I don't know how I feel about this, how I've been doing, because I know I haven't been doing more reviews mostly because I wasn't reading things, period, let along things I wanted to review. I don't always want to review everything I read, or am in the mood to do reviews, they normally take a lot out of me, maybe I'll do discussions for those instead? Do a mini review post of 3-5 books that I don't have enough to say for a full review?

read more of - I'm not entirely sure how I've been doing with any of these things, I feel like I was doing pretty good at the beginning of the year, but at the moment I'm feeling kind of down on myself in relation to how many books I've bought this months and how many things I haven't read (I have so many, it's one of those SO MANY BOOKS, SO LITTLE TIME kind of days)

Challenges - I actually feel like I'm doing pretty good with the Book Riot read harder challenge, though I'm not 100% sure I'll finish all the challenges this year, or that I need to? I mean, it'd be nice and such but I don't think it's necessary. And also okay for the series challenge, like I mentioned, and then also just okay for the banned book challenge.

That is my goals update! I'm hoping to get more reading done in the last four months of the year. (Also - there's only four months left of the year? When the hell did this happen?) How are you doing on your goal for this year? Did you make any or nah? I think next year I'm going to pick three reading goals, and five blogging/youtubing goals but we shall see. I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions in comments, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment