Sunday, September 6, 2015

September 2015 | TBR

I haven't done a monthly TBR in a while but I think it's a good month to do. I hope to get a lot of reading done this month - like a ridiculous amount - but for this TBR I'm just going to put some vague plans, not too many things. If I put too many, I'll just stop reading and definitely won't read anything from the TBR, I'm learning.

Now I did a video - that'll be embedded at the bottom - that's just talking in video format about what I'm planning to read. The first thing going on is that some people in the BookTube community have created something called #BookishSeptember, which is basically just a mixture of a read-a-thon with challenges and just dedicating the month to books and reading, which is something I can get behind (and I'm a sucker for reading challenges).

Mostly my plan is to just read as much as I can without letting too many other things fall by the wayside. I want to get really back into blogging, I'm actually feeling like writing reviews and talking to people which is a good sign, and try and post one view a week on my YouTube channel and maybe try and film a review, maybe a few short reviews and see how it goes? My plans are kind of vague.

Now - onto the books! And the challenges for this bookish thing. The first one is to reread a favorite and I have three possibilities - I love rereading things, so I'm surprised I stopped at three - but right now I'm going to pick from rereading The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (Casey, didn't you read that in November and then again in December? Yes, yes I did. But I want to get to Blue Lily, Lily Blue), The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (which I've been thinking about recently and want to reread the original mistborn series before continuing on), and The Storm of the Century (the screenplay by Stephen King. I found it in this move, I hadn't really lost it but it was buried slightly, and it's been a few years).

The next challenge is a recently purchased on and I think I'm going with Hounded by Kevin Hearne. And then for favorite genre - fantasy - I'm going to read probably both of there, hopefully: Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater and A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab. Beautiful cover is going to have to be Uprooted by Naomi Novik (UK cover, it's in my video, check it out, it's gorgeous).

And then the last three are a book you know nothing about (I think I'm going with a graphic novel called War Fix), a book with a darker theme (I mentioned some horror in my video and I think I'll stick to that, both books go pretty dark Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King and Caliban's War by James S.A. Corey, the second being a reread), and finally just a book you want to read.

I have slight plans to try and get to Runaways: The Complete Collection, Volume Two and Phonogram, Volume 2: The Singles Club along with maybe, finally Monsters of Men and a few others, but that's all I'm going to mention here.

I'd love to hear what you're planning on reading soon or this month. And, also, if you've ready of the books I'm planning on reading and what you out thought of them.





Have a good (bookish) September!



No comments:

Post a Comment