Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WWW Wednesday (3)

WWW Wednesday is a mean hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. And she asks that you answer these three questions:


  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?


I only do these every other week. I don't know when I decided this, but so far that's how I've been doing it and it's been working pretty well. With school I don't have as much time to read as I'd like to have, so I don't get as much reading done a week as I want to.


Currently-Reading:
The Knife of Letting Go by Patrick Ness
This one is good... I'm just barely into it, though, but the narration is weird, but it's interesting. I just wasn't in the mood for dystopian the day after I started this.

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
This one is interesting, I'm really loving it so far. I just love the writing and that there are these two completely different stories happening at the same time and they're trying to learn about these things that the other might be able to help them with, well, maybe only some things. That's not the point, though, I was just such in a high fantasy mood and I picked this one up and it was exactly what I was in the mood for!





Recently Finished Reading:
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassins #1) by Robin LaFevers (5/5)
I don't know why it took me so long to read this book, as soon as I got it, I wanted to devour it. I guess it might be because it is quite a thick book, but I did end up reading most of it in one sitting.

The Selection (The Selection #1) by Kiera Cass (5/5)
I loved this book so very, very much. And I keep hearing the tag line that it's like The Hunger Games, but... it's not. I mean, it's dystopian and there's this contest thing, but they volunteer (I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE! Oh, sorry, continue) and there's no killing. I really just like this book, though, I love Kiera's writing and the characters and the plot and just loved it. It made me want to be a princess! (Well, kind of, I don't think I'd fit in very well, but you never know).

The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars #1) by Frank Beddor (4/5)
I've been wanting to start this series since I first saw it, but I was trying to wait and try and finish some series first. That did no work, obviously. I caved and read it and it was so very, very good. It was a little slow in the middle, but overall it was awesome. (Also, there are illustrations in this book and they are amazing and beautiful. I love illustrations in books, I think that there should be more of that happening).

The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles #2) by Rick Riordan (4/5)
I loved the first book in this series and this one was no different, I adored it. I didn't like some parts, but otherwise that was fine. I love the format of this series, though, the recordings thing. (If you read the front it gives this little warning about it being made from transcribed audio. Isn't that awesome? I love little things like that).

Fool Moon (Dresden Files #2) by Jim Beaver (4/5)
This one was different. I mean, I still really liked this book, but I'm still shocked that everyone isn't just dead! Anyway, this is the second book in the Dresden Files series, so I'm not going to go into details even though these are the kind of books that are kind of contained in the seperate books, plot-wise, at least mostly. I have a feeling that it'll probably branch out more, at least I'm hoping.







Want to Read Next:
Titan Magic by Jodi Lamm
I got this in the mail late last week and whenever I see it, I just kind of stare at it longingly for a couple seconds. I'm a big fan of gods and everything, seriously thats a huge hook for me, if something says gods, I will check it out. If it's Greek Myth based, I will probably read it right away. (I hope I can read this one really soon!)

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
I got it on Monday and have been dying to read it! I wish that reading could just be a job, because I never have enough time to read everything I want. Anyway, I've been with this series pretty much since the beginning, actually, from the beginning. I remember waiting for the second book to come out very anxiously. So this one will probably be read over the weekend, probably in just about 1 sitting.






Also, I got Insurgent which I'm waiting until I'm in the mood for or I won't enjoy it as much as I would if I was in the mood for it. Also, I've been dying to read Graceling and I just cannot wait to have time to read it! I don't think I said this up above but if you do one of these, then feel free to link me in the comments, I love checking out these.

No comments:

Post a Comment