Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Favorites (1)

This is something new I want to try. I've been trying to think of something to do that was my own since BEA and I think this is my best idea and it just hit me. This is going to be a thing that I may do ever week, every other week, depending on whats going on. However, it's going to be all about my favorite things that week. Not just books but YouTubers/videos or music or whatever else I'm currently obsessing over. It'll be a bit like those "*insert month* favorite videos, but a little more frequent and blog form.

BOOK(S):
My favorite book this week was probably Kushiel's Dart. It was just so complex and I really enjoyed it and I didn't expect to.

MUSIC:
I have become addicted to Rent, a little late to the game. Well, more like addicted to one song. Can you guess which one? Here it is on the YouTubes. I listen to a lot of music, though, probably too much. Pretty much constantly, I am listening to some kind of music.

VIDEO(S):
I haven't been rewatching many videos this week as I've been reading almost non-stop but there is one music video that someone just released. Check it out here. This girl has an amazing voice and is adorable, there's no other word for it, and this video is heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time.

YOUTUBER(S):
Oh so very many. Well there's Rosi, who is one of my role models. I'm sure you've probably heard of the VlogBrothers. I watch CTFxC, daily vlogs. There's so many more, but there's some. I also watch quite a few BookTubers. OH! And if you're a Pride and Prejudice fan, then you should check out the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, it's a webshow created by Hank Green of the VlogBrothers and it's P&P modernized with only 3 sisters, but it's amazing so far.

MOVIE/TV:
I have too many overall favorite TV shows to tell you. But I've been randomly watching an episode of Buffy or Charmed or Supernatural when I've got the time. Also, Rent. I do need to finish some series, though, I should do that soon. And I'm sure there are tons that I should watch. Eureka! Yes, that, Eureka is ending so very soon, it's a quirky show on SyFy and this is their last season, and I'm not emotionally prepared for it to be over. But then Warehouse 13 comes back and I've been dying to know what happens next.

FAN FICTION:
I haven't read any this week, which isn't normal. I have a couple Supernatural (Destiel) open that I've been dying to read, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. If you want to suggest any to me.... (I also ship Gabe/Sam. Shhh).

OTHER:
And I just want to say thank you for not just giving up on me when it was a little rocky with posts. Hopefully I will be back and awesome forever. I'm going to be at LeakyCon in August, but I hope to plan some posts for that time so that the blog isn't empty for a week or more.

And tell me what you think of this new idea, these posts. Too much? Fun? Any opinions, go for it, I'd love to hear it. These are kind of fun to do, though, and I love hearing my current obsessions with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment