Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WWW Wednesday (7)

And here we are again, for one of my favorite memes. I don't just love doing my own, I love reading others (so if you do one, leave me a comment with the link). Also, those that aren't labeled with YA or MG are, obviously, not Young Adult or Middle-Grade. This is hosted by MizB at Should be Reading and she asks that you answer 3 questions:


  • what are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?
Currently-Reading:
AngelFall by Susan Ee(about 35%) and Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop (25%, about, no real idea) and I'm really enjoying both of them. I just started AngelFall and I'm really loving it, and for some reason it's taking me forever to get through Daughter of the Blood, no idea why.

Read:
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers #1) by Sarah MacLean (4/5)
Very cute and it's very well written, for it's genre. I think that my opinion of these kind of novels is so low, that they all surprise me a bit. It might be because of the awesome covers, but this one was enjoyable.

Angel's Blood (Guild Hunter #1) by Nalini Singh (4/5)
This one was different. I haven't read a lot of angel books, although I do own quite a few so I guess I mean to, but I really enjoyed this one. 

Life, the Universe, and Everything (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #3) by Douglas Adams (5/5)
So very, very good. I am loving this series so far. It's hilarious and engaging and one of my favorite series.

The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan (5/5)
This book was amazing. It's set up like a dictionary with a new word on each phrase and then a drabble of sorts based on the word, and some of them were adorable or heartbreaking or cute. This whole book was so well written, and I can't wait to read his next book.

An Affair Before Christmas (Desperate Duchesses #2) by Eloisa James (3/5)
This one was really cute and well written, as I'm slowly coming to expect from this author. But something just didn't feel right about how it happened, which is why the rating isn't higher. I'm really enjoying this series so far, though.

Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne (2.5/5)
Something about this book just annoyed me, though out the whole thing. I think the main reason, without any spoilers, is that I felt like it didn't cover a long enough period, that everything happened to quickly. Besides that there we other parts that annoyed me, like that we didn't get a more specific date or an even partial history of how the world reached where it was. This just was not my kind of book, apparently.




Might Read Next:
I just picked up a middle-grade series I'm really looking forward to. The first book is called The Name of this Book is a Secret and it sounds really adorable, as do the rest of the books.

Also, normally I have the pictures in 'medium' but this time they are 'small' because it looked like I had so little say about all of the books, even though that wasn't quite to case, and there are just quite a few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment