Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon 7.0! (May 13th - 19th)

I love read-a-thons, even if I can't participate, but I can for this one, which is even better. This is my announcement post for the Bout of Books read-a-thon that's taking place from May 13th to the 19th, as I know you can probably see from the title. I've taken part in this read-a-thon before and I really enjoyed it.

I don't work so I just have to balance school (and writing) as I read. I have a huge number of books that are unread in my house, so many books. Also, my kindle, which I got recently, has many books that I have yet to read. I feel a little rusty on blogging so hopefully this will bring me back into it, and have books to review.

Anyway, if you want to sign up for this read-a-thon, too. Here is the official blurb from the blog:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team

I hope you join up with it, too! Reading books! If you are leave me a comment and I can check out your read-a-thon posts.

Now, I don't really know what I'll be reading, but I have some books that I would like to read during the month. I thought I'd add a list of them on the bottom here so if I don't know what to pick up next, I can look here. The top three are just books from the series. I bought a boxset of the Spiderwick Chronicles and have yet to get around to them, and they're very short and will be nice breaks between the others, or I can just sit down and read them all.


  • Anita Blake or In Death books 
  • Narnia books
  • Spiderwick Chronicles
  • The Great Gatsby
  • Hyperion by Dan Simmons
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey 
My main goals are just to read as many books as I can, I don't really have any particular books I want to read, but it would be nice to get a lot read. I would love to take part in some of the challenges, but I don't know if I will. I don't have many 2013 reading goals, as it is, so read-a-thons are always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment