Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Read-A-Thon: Day One Wrap-Up (Bout of Books 7.0)

This was the first day of the read-a-thon! I've decided to post the day after instead of trying to get it up before I go to sleep, because that sounds stressful. (If you have no idea what this read-a-thon is, you can check out my post about it or go directly to the Bout of Books blog).

And if you want to keep up with my reading updates you can follow me on Twitter (there are also tweets about cute things my bunny does) or friend me on Goodreads! I hope you all had a good first day of reading.


Number of books I've read today:
George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupèry
The Field Guide (Spiderwick Chronicles #1) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
The Seeing Stone (Spiderwick Chronicles #2) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
Lucinda's Secret (Spiderwick Chronicles #3) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
The Iron Woodtree (Spiderwick Chronicles #4) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
This is Water by David Foster Walace (the 30min audiobook)
The Wrath of Mulgarath (Spiderwick Chronicles #5) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi

Total number of books read: 8

Books currently-reading:
Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #7) by Laurell K. Hamilton
Witness in Death (In Death #10) by J.D. Robb

Number of pages read/time listened to(today and total): 817 pages / about 1h 30m of audio

Notes:
I got off to a good start! I was kind of surprised, actually. I was reading pretty short books, but I'd been wanting to read them and I thought during a read-a-thon would be the best time. Especially to possibly reread some Roald Dahl, because I haven't read any of his books since I was little, and I don't know if I've ever read George's Marvelous Medicine.

I severely doubt that I can keep up this pace, especially with school work and everything else, but I'm going to try to finish at least one book a day, try being the word. On Friday I have plans so that will probably be a little reading day.

Also, most of these wre extremely short, the first four Spidewick Chronicle books are barely over 100 pages, but I've been wanting to read the series and so on. The point being, I'll be surprised if I read more then one book a day the rest of the week and that's fine, because this was ridiculous. (This also brought me to 41 out of the 50 books that was my reading challenge for the year. So. There's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment