Monday, May 13, 2013

Read-A-Thon starts Today!

Yay. Read-a-thon starts today! I thought I'd tell you how this is going to work. I'm going to post an update on the day after. So today there is not going to any reading related updates here. Everyone on the same page? However you can follow me on Twitter or friend me on Goodreads to see what I'm up to.

If you're taking part comment so I can check out your goals/posts/such. Read-a-thons are tons of fun! So, I'm just going to repost my goals and possible books to read this week (and add books maybe). To sum up my goals, though, I just want to read as many books as I can this week, and that's kind of it. I'm going to try and not stress out about it, though, because reading is suppose to be fun.


FROM THIS POST:

I love read-a-thons, even if I can't participate, but I can for this one, which is even better. This is my announcement post for the Bout of Books read-a-thon that's taking place from May 13th to the 19th, as I know you can probably see from the title. I've taken part in this read-a-thon before and I really enjoyed it.

I don't work so I just have to balance school (and writing) as I read. I have a huge number of books that are unread in my house, so many books. Also, my kindle, which I got recently, has many books that I have yet to read. I feel a little rusty on blogging so hopefully this will bring me back into it, and have books to review.

Anyway, if you want to sign up for this read-a-thon, too. Here is the official blurb from the blog:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team

I hope you join up with it, too! Reading books! If you are leave me a comment and I can check out your read-a-thon posts.

Now, I don't really know what I'll be reading, but I have some books that I would like to read during the month. I thought I'd add a list of them on the bottom here so if I don't know what to pick up next, I can look here. The top three are just books from the series. I bought a boxset of the Spiderwick Chronicles and have yet to get around to them, and they're very short and will be nice breaks between the others, or I can just sit down and read them all.


  • Anita Blake or In Death books 
  • Narnia books
  • Spiderwick Chronicles
  • The Great Gatsby
  • Hyperion by Dan Simmons
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey 


My main goals are just to read as many books as I can, I don't really have any particular books I want to read, but it would be nice to get a lot read. I would love to take part in some of the challenges, but I don't know if I will. I don't have many 2013 reading goals, as it is, so read-a-thons are always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment