Monday, May 20, 2013

The End! Bout of Books 7.0 Read-A-Thon Wrap-Up

And it is the end of the last day and I'm sad to see this week go. The read-a-thon was truly great and it was fun and I got more reading done then I thought I would, honestly.

First, let's just go over the stats for this final day of the read-a-thon (and just the stats for today):


Number of books I've read today:

Books:
Amulet Vol. 1: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi
Amulet Bol. 2: The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi
Disney in Shadow (Kingdom Keepers #3) by Ridley Pearson

Number of pages read/listened to(today): 956

Notes:
I had a 'dream goal' kind of today, and when I hit it - shockingly - I decided that I could take a break, and that was pretty much the end of the read-a-thon for me. I needed a break, anyway, so it was probably for the best, I felt like I'd been reading much too long. (If I had book four of the Kingdom Keepers, though, I probably would of continued. Or volume three of Amulet).


And now, this is the stats for the whole read-a-thon, the total number of pages and books read, of audio listened to, a list of the books I read. And my thoughts/musings on the read-a-thon. Here we go:

Total Number of Books: 19


Pages Read: 4,047


Audio Listened To: 3 hours, 30 minutes


Books:

George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupèry
The Field Guide (Spiderwick Chronicles #1) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
The Seeing Stone (Spiderwick Chronicles #2) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
Lucinda's Secret (Spiderwick Chronicles #3) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
The Iron Woodtree (Spiderwick Chronicles #4) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
This is Water by David Foster Walace (the 30min audiobook)
The Wrath of Mulgarath (Spiderwick Chronicles #5) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia #3) by C.S. Lewis
Disney After Dark (Kingdom Keepers #1) by Ridley Pearson
The Tempest by Shakespeare
Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
Witness in Death (In Death #10) by J.D. Robb
Bake Sale by Sara Varon
Disney at Dawn (Kingdom Keepers #2) by Ridley Pearson
Bioshock Infinite: Mind in Revolt by Joe Fielder
Amulet Vol. 1: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi
Amulet Bol. 2: The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi
Disney in Shadow (Kingdom Keepers #3) by Ridley Pearson

Notes (thoughts and musings):

This is the best I have ever done during a read-a-thon, and probably the best I ever will do during a read-a-thon. I was pretty much done with school, so I just had some wrap-up things to do. (Next week I've got to send in all the paperwork). And I'd really like to keep up, maybe not this extreme, but a fast reading pace because there's a bunch of books I want to try to get through before BEA. Which I am going to. Very last minute and thinking about it too much makes me almost have a panic attack so back to read-a-thon talk.

I hope that if you participated that you had an awesome time. And read some great, if not fantastic, books. I'm really happy to have started and finished the Spiderwick Chronicles, which I've been reading to read for ever and ever. And having read Wonderstruck, which was an amazing book and made me tear up at points. And how I started the Kingdom Keepers series, which I am very excited to finish! So many amazing books I read this week and series that I hope to continue.

I was going to read one more book, to make it an even twenty, but my brain just cannot take it right now, complete mush from this awesome but insane week, sadly.

If you participated and just posted a wrap-up, feel free to leave me a link in the comments, I've been loving all the update posts I've been reading and videos I've been watching. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment