Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9th | Weekly Wrap Up #11

So - it's been a weird, weird week. I kind of feel like maybe I should of let my little hiatus thing go a little longer, but I wanted to get back into the swing of things. I missed blogging and reading, but I can't seen to just will myself into doing things again, which is almost harder then not doing things.

Anyway - I did finally finish something. But still - not a good week overall. But let me know what you've been reading! Or link me to your own weekly wrap up.

However, besides all of that, I did end up spending Sunday at the last day of PAX East (which is a video game convention, there are many of them over the world, East takes place in Boston). So we drove in and had fun. It was overwhelming, completely, but it was also awesome. It was also cool to meet some people from RoosterTeeth. A really, really good day overall.

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach (4/5)
I've been reading this one since the end of January, so I'm glad to finally finish it, though I did set it aside for a while. It took me a little while, about 40% of the way through, to get into and understand her writing style, to get use to it, and then from there it was smooth sailing. I read this surprisingly quickly for a non-fiction book. And I really enjoyed it - the not quite related to the topic facts, the humor. A really fun, interesting read.

Trees, Volume 1 by Warren Ellis, John Howard (5/5)
This trade surprised the hell out of me. I hadn't looked too much into it, had been hearing good things and what I'd seen of the art was gorgeous - and it seriously blew me away. I'd definitely suggest checking out: diverse cast, gorgeous writing and art, very interesting plot. Really, really good.

On the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment