Friday, October 2, 2015

September 2015 | Monthly Wrap Up

We're trying a slightly different format for the book and such part of the wrap up, I'm splitting it up into books (as in novels and the like) and then trades (trades and graphic novels and anything that'd fall into that area, like manga), rounding it out with single issues, which I think is pretty self explanatory. It just feels slightly more organized then just plain the order in which I read them (they're still in that order, just in their own lists now).

It was a good reading month, which I was slightly surprised to learn because it hadn't felt like a good one, but I got through a good number of things. Also a good number of really good things. I ended up reading 9 books, 2 trades/such, and 7 single issues. So it wasn't amazing, comparing it to some months in the past, but I'm really pleased with it. I've been trying to get back into reading regularly but not pushing myself to read ALL THE BOOKS, which is hard, but I've been so busy and also started doing other things with my down time (crocheting takes up time). Also, I've been trying to figure out my goals for reading by week, and looking back on this month, I definitely met the idea of reading 2 books a week, on average.

Now - before I get more distracted - the books:

Books:
Cycle of the Werewolf by Stephen King (3/5)
Uprooted by Naomi Novik (4/5)
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvate (5/5)
Justice Calling by Annie Bellet (2/5)
A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano (4/5)
The Marvels by Brian Selznick (5/5)
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien (5/5)
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith (3/5)
Driven to Distraction (Hollywood Heat #2) by Ashleigh Raine (2/5)
Legion (Legion #1) by Brandon Sanderson (4/5)

Trades/Graphic Novels:
War-Fix by David Axe, Steven Olexa (2/5)
Lady Killer, Volume One by JoĆ«lle Jones, Jamie S. Rich (5/5) 

Single Issues:
Injection #4 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey (5/5)
Descender #6 by Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen (4/5)
Black Canary #3 by Brenden Fletcher, Annie Wu (4/5)
Wolf #2 by Ales Kot, Matt Taylor (4/5)
Injection #5 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey (5/5)
Planet Hulk #5 by Sam Humphries (2/5)
Captain America: White #1 by Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale (4/5)

Some really good stuff this month - I finally got around to Blue Lily, Lily Blue (which didn't disappoint) and I also finished The Marvels (a new release and incredible) and The Things They Carried (which I'm pretty sure I'll be thinking about for a while). And that's just the books - Lady Killer, Volume One was incredible and I think I'll read in single issues instead of waiting for the next volume. Injection is also something I am totally into right now, it's definitely captured and been holding my attention.

What did you read this month? Link me to your wrap up, whatever format it is, or just let me know in the comments!

(Note: I'm hoping to film a monthly wrap up and give some individual thoughts on everything, but it's suppose to be raining for the next week here and you can't hear a thing over the noise on camera. Yes, that's how loud the rain is).

On The Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment