Tuesday, January 19, 2016

2016 Reading Plans| Book Riot Read Harder + #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks

Last year, I listed a bunch of challenges - series, classics, banned books - but I kind of stopped paying attention to that pretty early because of some things that happened. So I've only got two, maybe three, this year - let's get right into it, shall we?

Book Riot's Read Harder challenge

I didn't end up finishing this one last year, I just kind of let it go (sadly), but I do feel like it makes me look at my reading and realize how non-diverse it can get at points. Especially how white it is, which just isn't something I'm comfortable with. I want to read widely and always enjoy when I do. So there's a new list for 2016, with some interesting things. Some should be easy, others a tad harder but I made a full list of possibilities, with normally at least one or two options for each. 

#ReadMyOwnDamnBooks

An idea, and hashtag, from Andi at Estella's Revenge, and she's left it pretty open. It's less of a challenge and more just something for people to work towards their own goals and to cheer each other on. I don't have any hard and fast rules yet - I've tried the 'read 5 before i buy 1' kind of thing, and I just broke that immediately - so I think I'm just going to be conscious of what I'm buying. Nothing to just buy it, everything I want to read, and can see myself reading in the next year. I can preorder things, but only if I'm really, really excited for it, an author I adore kind of thing. 

And I'm sure I'll come up with a few more for myself - mostly it's going to just be mindful of what I'm buying.

Andi has a post about her goals and such, also just talking about it a little more, and a place to link up if you've decided to take part. This is exactly my kind of thing, I think, though - not too pressuring and such. 

#HamAlong + Popsugar 2016 challenge are the two other things I'm considering. Well, I want to read the Hamilton biography, anyway, so I might as well read it with everyone up, probably over about 2 months. I want to read it because my obsession with the musical is real, but also because I can't think of another biography I'd want to read and it's one of the read harder challenges this year.

For Popsugar - I'm not going to be super strict about it. I might glance at it every few months, but I'm not going to kill myself trying to read stuff for it, I just always find it interesting. 

Now - what are you planning for challenges in 2016? Any or just flying no stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment