Saturday, January 16, 2016

#24in48 Updates (16 +17)

I have no idea how this update post is going to work, I have a feeling a lot of my updating will be through social media (twitter, instagram, goodreads), but I wanted to have an update post. I'll probably update what I've read at the end of the days, I guess (and then my weekly wrap up will be a full wrap up of everything).

Head over to 24in48.com every six hours, they'll be doing giveaways and other things.

Hour Six Survey

  1. Where in the world are you reading from this weekend? Rhode Island
  2. Have you done the 24in48 readathon before? Yes, but I only read for like 12 hours, I think. Which isn't bad, but I can do better.
  3. Where did you hear about the readathon? Social media, blogs.
  4. What book are you most excited about reading this weekend? All the single issues, because I'm so behind, some trades. For book books, probably Six of Crows, Before the Awakening, and The Queen.
  5. Tell us something about yourself. I moved six months ago into a renovated mill building - loft style studio apartments - and also all of 2015 was kind of reading slump for me. Hoping to get out of it.
  6. Remind us where to find you online this weekend. Here! But also -twitterinstagramgoodreads

Hour Eleven Update

I really need to step up my game, but I was asleep for the first eight hours of the read-a-thon (rookie move, but I was very tired). So far, I've realized how much slower I'm reading them normal because I've got slight eye strain (my life, always, really at the moment. My heater dries out my eyes). 

Anyway - 
Hours read: 2 hours, 4 minutes
Books read:
Black Canary #6, Captain America: White #5, Coffin Hill, Volume 1: Forest of the Night, and Coffin Hill, Volume 2: Dark Endeavors

I was going to put them all out nice and neat - but I have reading to do, need to catch up and such. (Really quick, though, super enjoying Coffin Hill, and very glad I have volume 3 to read right away, because I'm just really enjoying it). What are you reading? How're you doing? Let me know! 

Hour Thirty Four Update (I think?)

Math is hard when all you've been doing is reading, and you were a bit on the edge of eye strain when this read-a-thon started, and it's hard to combat that but also keep reading. Anyway - I think it's hour thirty four? It's some hour, alright?

I'm not sure I'll be getting to 24 hours, just because I got distracted yesterday and god damn my eyes, but most importantly I kind of feel like this read-a-thon is kind of getting my reading mojo back. I'm not sure I could ever get to the speed which I was reading in 2014, but I'd kind of like to. (The same book speed, with single issues, trades added to that. Ha, I have high dreams, alright?)

I've read quite a bit since the last update I did here, but I'm going to collect everything in a wrap up - I do a weekly wrap up, anyway, this one is just going to be completely 24in48 focused because I didn't read anything this week prior - so I'm just going to do slightly vague updated here.

So far I've read for about 12 hours (11 hours, 59 minutes) and am currently reading The Queen by Tiffany Reisz (about halfway done, probably). In the time between the last update and now I've also read another trade (Coffin Hill, Volume 3), a novella, a novel (neither on my original TBR stack, both digital), some single issues. Also listened to ten pages of Alexander Hamilton (the biography, this is going to take me a while), and also a little over a hundred pages of Monsters of Men

I'm really pleased with my reading, even though there's no way I'll get to 24 hours now, especially with my eyes. I'm still going to try, but I started to fall asleep last night at nine and couldn't look at a screen anymore, so we'll see how it goes. I do kind of want to try again on my own, though, before the next one, because why the hell not, right? (Aka: it's about the dead of winter in New England, it'll be better then going outside).

How are you doing? What are you reading? How do you have time to look at blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment