Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1st | Weekly Wrap Up #30

The last two weeks of January wrapped up - I was going to keep up with the weekly ones, but I hadn't read much and I wasn't feeling good (still not feeling good, we'll get to that later), and I'd only read two things so I was like eh. Got a few more things now, hopefully not too many.

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking #3) by Patrick Ness (5/5)
I mostly listened to this one on audio, and so it was pretty slow going, but it was so damn awesome.  I want to reread this series from the beginning this year. Definitely recommended.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling (5/5)
Do I need to say anything, honestly?

The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster (4/5)
This was super interesting to read because there were a few things just a little different then the movie. (Which makes sense, I guess, since he probably got the script for it to come out on the same day as the movie. Still - interesting). It was also fun, but I kind of wished we'd gotten more scenes that we knew happened but that weren't in the movie. Ah, well.

Injection #6 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey (4/5)
I love this series, I'm so glad we're getting issues again. So excited for more.

Wolf #5 by Ales Kot (3/5)
This series is still interesting enough that I haven't dropped it from my pull list, but it feels a little confusion for me, but I am looking forward to the next issue

100 Essays I Don't Have Time to Write by Sarah Ruhl (4/5)
I really enjoyed this. It took me longer to read then I would of liked, but I did just really enjoy it. I'm not super into the behind the scenes of plays, but it was even more interesting to see just a bit kind of behind the curtains. And the way she talked about things in such a condensed fashion. Fantastic, really.

Wayward #13 Jim Zub, Steven Cummings (4/5)
I started crying at the end of this - not even because of anything in the issue itself, but because of the little aside to Shigure Mizuki at the end, I didn't even know he'd passed. I really need to read more of his things. About the actual issue, though - gorgeous coloring, as always, and looking forward to more.

Playing the Game (Neighborly Affection #1) (2/5)Crossing the Lines (Neighborly Affection #2) by M.Q. Barber (3/5)
This series is fun so far - my pet peeves about it so far (for both books, really): the fact that in the first book, at the beginning, it isn't explained well to Alice, who is new and everything. But most of all is their inability to talk about things sometimes, and how bad Henry is at dealing with that part of it at points. Just speak the words - to be fair, Alice isn't being truthful, which causes problems. Will probably continue with this series, though (it's on Scribd, been my ebook read).

Stuff:
We'll start with the not feeling well - I haven't been feeling well this whole week. Physically, mentally - just been a shitty fucking week, to be blunt. (The week before was slightly better). So it hasn't been a great week, overall, and focusing with everything else hasn't been very good. So I'm honestly surprised at getting any reading done.

Besides that, I did get some reading done. I also decided to see how much time I spent reading during the week. I just thought it'd be interesting so this is the time: 7 hours, 34 minutes. It feels like such a small amount of time considering the good amount of reading I feel like I got done. I finished four books this week, along with reading some from other (I think, though not a lot, a few pages), and three single issues. All in less then eight hours.

And, considering how shitty and awful my week was otherwise - I feel really good about that, it makes everything a little better.

I'm hoping this week will be better, but I don't think it will be physically. Maybe mentally, though, feeling a tad better there.  How was your week? Let me know what you read or talk to me about the things I read!

On the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment