Tuesday, February 2, 2016

January 2016 | Monthly Wrap Up

January was a good reading month - and started out as a good month period, which I am very thankful for. But the last week hasn't been going so well - physically mentally. I mentioned it in the wrap up I put up February 1st (wrapping up the last two weeks of January), but mostly it just plain wasn't a good one.

Also a pretty good one blog wise, though - I got some posts up, beginning of the year push with the beginning of the year posts. And I've got a discussion post I've been turning over and over in my head, just my ability to focus to get it written down has not been good the last week or two, being in pain does that to me. (How am I doing this right now? I have no idea, but I'm going with it)

Now - onto what I read this month, sticking with splitting it up.

Books:
  • The Grownup by Gillian Flynn (3/5)
  • Summer of Surrender by Zara Stoneley (2/5)
  • Restraint (Away We Go #2) by Charlotte Stein (2/5)
  • A Gentleman in the Streets (Campbell Simblings #1) by Alisha Rai (4/5)
  • The Queen (White Years #4) by Tiffany Reisz (5/5)
  • Star Wars: Before the Awakening by Greg, Rucka, Phil Noto (4.5/5)
  • Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking #3) by Patrick Ness (5/5)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling (5/5)
  • The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster (4/5)
  • Playing the Game (Neighborly Affection #1) by M.Q. Barber (2/5)
  • 100 Essays I Don't Have Time to Write by Sarah Ruhl (4/5)
  • Crossing the Lines (Neighborly Affection #2) by M.Q. Barber (3/5)
Graphic Novels/Trades:
  • The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Volume 1: Squirrel Power by Ryan North, Erica Henderson (3/5)
  • Ms. Marvel, Volume 4: Last Days by G. Willow Wilson, Adrian Alphona (5/5)
  • Coffin Hill, Volume 1: Forest of the Night by Caitlin Kitteredge, Inaki Miranda
  • Coffin Hill, Volume 2: Dark Endeavors by Caitlin Kittredge, Inaki Miranda
  • Coffin Hill, Volume 3: Haunted Houses by Caitlin Kitteredge, Inaki Mirand
Single Issues:
  • Black Canary #6 by Brenden Fletcher, Annie Wu
  • Captain America: White #5 by Jeph, Leob, Tim Sale
  • The Wicked and the Divine #17 by Kieron Gillen, Brandon Graham
  • Wayward #12 by Jim Zub, Steve Cummings
  • Injection #6 by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey (4/5)
  • Wolf #5 by Ales Kot (3/5)
  • Wayward #13 Jim Zub, Steven Cummings (4/5)
Overall I read - 12 books, 5 trades, 7 single issues. And I mostly enjoyed everything I read. I don't want to talk about everything too in depth, I did that already in my weekly wrap ups, but I'll say a few things and be quick. 

Book stand outs - A Gentleman in the Streets was not expected at all, a book I bought and read within a few hours, and was pleasantly surprised. The Queen, of course, was fantastic - and I hope she writes more in this world, from these characters or not. Both Star Wars books were interesting. And so glad I finally finished 100 Essays... it was fantastic, but a book I had to slowly absorb, and that I put aside for a little while in the middle.

Really enjoyed reading the Coffin Hill series, volume 1 a reread but I didn't remember anything from it.  And was kind of disappointed in Squirrel Girl after hearing so much good about it.But I am so glad that Injection is back and cannot wait for the next issues. Wayward continues to be gorgeous. Also, was a little disappointed in the last issue of Cap: White, but it was still good.

Overall a good reading month. I'd love to hear what you guys have been up to, what you've been reading! Especially anything positive - or not, but I do hope your last week was better then mine. And let me know if you've read, or would like to read, any of the books I mentioned. Let's talk books!

No comments:

Post a Comment