Thursday, May 4, 2017

2017 Reading Goals

Alright so this one I'm rewriting completely - which I didn't really have to do for the others - but I wrote this, and the other end of year posts, at the actual end of the year but then never proofed and posted.

I love New Years and goals - and lists of goals. It might be a problem but I'm okay with that. I love setting goals, basically, but ones I know I can accomplish as long as I remember that they're there and have enough spoons. This year I'm more limited then I have been previously, not as many specific things listed, but mostly because I feel #DivesityBingo2017 is going to be harder then I think it will - even though I've pretty much got books for ever one.

(I'm also kind of doing Book Riot's read harder but I haven't been able to finish it the last few years, and would rather focus on diversity in my reading - which the read harder challenge does push but I like the prompts/challenges for the other two better).

This year's reading challenges are pretty similar to last years - they worked out for me and I liked them.
  • Read 100 books (again) (yes, book books) (listen, it works)
  • Complete series I've already started / generally just complete series
  • #DiversityBingo2017
  • #DiverseReads2017
I'm going to do a full post on the challenges just so that I can lay everything out for them. I'll also be doing a separate post of my Diversity Bingo TBR/recommendations because I have done a shit ton of research for this. Probably 8+ hours so far, and might end up doing more because the internet has failed me on explaining geography. I thought I knew things, it turns out I don't but neither goes google.

Anyway - what challenges are you taking part in for 2017? If you're taking part in any of the challenges I am, let me know! From the new releases I'm making a list of to preorder, it's going to be a good year of books.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you're really prioritizing reading diversely this year! I'm also trying to read more diverse books. One diversity challenge I'm doing is 2017 Diverse Reads, which has a theme for each month. 100 books is also my goal for this year. 2016 was the first time I hit that number, so I hope I can do it again.

    ReplyDelete