Monday, January 8, 2018

Bout of Books 21 | TBR, Goals, + Update Post

And another Bout of Books! Sadly, I wasn't able to take part in the last one in August because it was part of the week I was taking an international trip. And this week was going to be a bit of a thing because I was suppose to be getting a cat the weekend before it started.

Sadly, that has fallen through and now we've got to start over with the cat finding. This isn't about cats, though, about the books.

The Goals

  • Read! As much as possibly but don't want to push myself too hard. Last January readathon I got eyestrain. My reaching goal is to try and finish a bunch of things I've been currently reading, finish my Mistborn era 2 reread, and get to some comics.
  • visit blogs! videos! comment!
  • Twitter chats
  • BoB expert! Signed up for this again, even though I don't feel like I helped much last time, but going to try and make sure to be more active more
  • vlog? maybe, we'll see how I feel


The Stack
  • Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson (currently-reading)
  • Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy (currently-reading)
  • This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
  • Ripped Pages by M. Hollis

Updates

Monday
Didn't end up reading anything, it's been a weird beginning to the year for me.


Tuesday
Number of books I've read today: 3
Pages read: 335
Time Spent Reading: 3 hours, 11 minutes
Books:
Ripped Pages by M. Hollis (started and finished - 60 pages)
The Doctor's Discretion by EE Ottoman (started and finished - 195 pages)
Let Them Eat Chaos by Kate Tempest (started and finished - 80 pages)

Notes:
So it was a good reading day for me, but I'm pretty sure this will be an every other day kind of deal for me, maybe even more then that considering. Still, this readathon is helping me try and get back into reading regularly, which is what I needed. I'm going to try and read more days out of the year then I don't, I think? Just something I've been thinking of, not an official goal, and I have no idea how I'd track that?

Let me know how your bout of books is going!

Wednesday
Didn't end up reading for some reason???

Thursday
Number of books I've read today: 0
Total # of books I've read: 3
Pages read: 75
Total # of pages: 410 
Books:
Think of England by K.J. Charles (started - 75 pages)

Friday
Number of books I've read today: 1
Total # of books I've read: 4
Pages read: 164
Total # of pages: 574 
Books:
Think of England by K.J Charles (finished - 164 pages)

Notes:
I enjoyed this book, but I also kind of had problems with how often there were cruel words thrown around about the love interest. I understand it's historically accurate, and it made it a little better then the MC started to defend him, but I honestly don't think it was needed to be that much? Then again, I can see how it really painted those characters in a horrible light.

However, there were moments when the MC thought things - just in relationship to the LI's queerness and fashion sense - that I felt like were very unnecessary.

Saturday
Number of books I've read today: 3
Total # of books I've read: 7
Pages read: 388
Total # of pages: 962
Books:
Giant Days, Volume 6 by John Allison ( started and finished - 112 pages)
The Ruin of Gabriel Ashleigh (Society of Gentleman #0.5) by K.J. Charles (started and finished - 32 pages)
A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentleman #1)  by K.J. Charles (started and finished - 244 pages)

Notes:
Apparently I have found myself on a queer historical romance kick - on that note, if you have any besides gay/bi dude reccs, please leave them down below. I've had people recommend me K.J. Charles and, on one hand, I can see why but the books are definitely not without their problems.

Giant Dayssssss. I don't know why I love this comic series so much but I do. It's just so much fun, and just three girls at university being friends. It's so great I cry.

Sunday
Number of books I've read today:
Total # of books I've read:
Pages read:
Total # of pages:
Total Time Spent Reading:
Books:


Notes:

No comments:

Post a Comment