Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WWW Wednesday (15)

Ah, my favorite meme. Kind of like a wrap-up but in more detail, just full on information on what I am reading, what I finished reading, and what I might read next! WWW Wednesday is a meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. She asks that you answer three questions:


  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?

Currently-Reading:
I'm very, very little into the next books in the Anita Black and In Death series, but kind of stalled in both, at barely 30 pages.

Read:
Midnight in Death (In Death #7.5) by J.D. Robb (5/5)
Might have missed this in my read through of this series, but I didn't get very far before I caught it, it was really good, just a Novella type of thing, I'm pretty sure only available in ebook, but it was really good.

Loyalty in Death (In Death #9) by J.D. Robb (5/5)
This one was also very good. I'm getting so far in this series, that's all I want to say so I don't accidentally give anything away!

Hamlet by William Shakespeare (5/5)
Technically for school, but I did read it all the way through before having to write things about it and I really enjoyed it.

A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (5/5)
Very good, I really liked this one, probably because of the mischievous faeries. I know it was probably them.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (5/5)
This book was fantastic and amazing! If you haven't picked it up yet, you definitely should. It's amazing, the writing is my favorite part and the characters are amazing.

Aesop's Fable by Aesop (5/5)
This was really good. Really enjoyed it.

George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl (4/5)
This was good, but - I don't know, it sat weird with me. Maybe I read it to early in the day for magic medicine? Whose to know.

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupèry (5/5)
An amazing book. I read it in English, but I hope to eventually read it in French. Either way, beautiful and heartbreaking.


The Field Guide (Spiderwick Chronicles #1) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi (5/5)
Fantastic first book to this series. I listened to it in audio format and - it just wasn't for me, the weird voice and stuff, shook me out of the story. However, the book itself is amazing, glad I gave it a second chance.

The Seeing Stone (Spiderwick Chronicles #2) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi (5/5)
Loved this one, too! A further look into the fairy lore of this world.

Lucinda's Secret (Spiderwick Chronicles #3) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi (5/5)
A little more information in this one. These are so short, but at least I had the thing of them or I would of been dying for more.

The Iron Woodtree (Spiderwick Chronicles #4) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi (5/5)
I liked this one, too, obviously I'm trying to say as little as possible to not spoil anyone. Love this series, though!

This is Water by David Foster Walace (the 30min audiobook) (5/5)
I'd seen a video, featuring audio from this and was instantly intrigued and had to know what i meant, so I picked it up off Audible for about $4. There's a physical, dead tree version, that is much longer, but it's not coming in the mail for a while. I'd recommend this to everyone.

The Wrath of Mulgarath (Spiderwick Chronicles #5) by Holly Black and Tony DeTerlizzi
Such a fantastic end to the series! So glad this one was longer, was feeling like there was no way they could give us all the story in one more book. Very, very good.

The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia #3) by C.S. Lewis (4/5)
Actually enjoyed this one. A bit slow at first and dragged a bit at the end, but otherwise good.

Disney After Dark (Kingdom Keepers #1) by Ridley Pearson (5/5)
Ah! Can't wait to read more in this series. This one was really, really good. I could barely put it down! Recommended to those who even remotely like Disney or wondered what happens in the park after dark. Very good.

To-Read:
I've got book two of the Kingdom Keeper's series that I'm dying to read, so excited for more of this series. I'm pretty much surrounded by books right now because of the read-a-thon. I scheduled this before it started and had to just add ten more books to it. Ten. (What read-a-thon, you ask? Monday kick-off post and day one wrap-up)

No comments:

Post a Comment