Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0: Day One Wrap-Up

My friend Haley and I had a sleepover last night and I kind of poked her into it earlier in the week and we both started reading at midnight (because that's what you do at sleepovers, right?), and that's kind of how the day started. I read until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and then when I woke up, I started reading more.

I struggled a little bit at first, flicking between books, reading a couple paragraphs, just couldn't settle on something, and ended up setting on the two weirdest books to read together probably ever: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Wool by Hugh Howey, but it apparently worked for me.

The problem is I've already read so many books this year, my brain is a little slogging, so hopefully I can push through that. Participating in the Bout of Books chat on twitter in the afternoon definitely helped that a lot, it was awesome and insane. And now onto the updates.

Number of books I've read today: 1

Books:
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (started and completed - 180 pages)
Wool (Silo #1) by Hugh Howey (started - 191 pages read)

Books currently-reading:
Well still reading Wool, obviously. Not technically anything but tomorrow will be picking up Attack on Titan Vol 4 and that's all that's for sure.

Number of pages read today:  371

Notes:
I didn't get as much writing today as I wanted to. I ended up having to write, I - hard to explain, and then the premier of Teen Wolf. Which I wasn't going to watch but I ended up watching anyway. And then my eyes, my poor eyes seem to be suffering from eye strain and since I've read like 12 books in six days plus some, this isn't surprising, so might be just reading physical books tomorrow (aka: no reading of Wool, but we'll see).

I did write like six thousand words today, though, so there is that.

Hope you all had good reading days and days in general. If you want to see my progess more real time: twitter, goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment