Monday, January 13, 2014

The End of Bout of Books 9.0 (And Day Seven Wrap-Up)

Day Seven Wrap-Up

Number of books I've read today: 1

Number of pages read: 495

Books:
Pathfinder (Pathfinder #1) by Orson Scott Card (completed - 495)

Notes:
I only finished Pathfinder today and it felt like way more then just under 500 pages to me, but I didn't sleep well last night, I woke up before 5 and couldn't get back asleep. And Pathfinder is a dense book. I'm glad I read it and I loved watching how everything tied together and everything, but it was very slow at first, the first probably three hundred, four hundred pages felt really slow.

Also, Orson Scott Card shouldn't write women, just shouldn't. I only liked Leaky at all, and even then, it was only for moments. All of his other women just hit bad notes with me and there were weird conversations that just no. Stop while you're ahead, dude.

Total and Read-a-Thon thoughts:

Total Number of Books Read: 10

Number of Pages: 3,536

Books:
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (180 pages)
The Cosmic Puppets by Philip K. Dick (144 pages)
Attack on Titan, Vol 4 by ajime Isayama (200 pages)
Wool (Silo #1) by Hugh Howey (539 pages)
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare (485 pages)
Disney After Dark (Kingdom Keepers #1) by Ridley Pearson (325 pages)
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare (453 pages)
The City of Ember (Book of Ember #1) by Jeanne DuPau
Attack on Titan, Vol. 5 by Hajime Isayama (192 pages)
Pathfinder (Patfinder #1) by Orson Scott Card (657 pages)

Notes:
I love this read-a-thon, it's my favorite of the year and I love that it's multiple times through out the year. If memory serves, this was my third Bout of Books read-a-thon, and I was able to complete ten books and participate in all three twitter chats.

And these books were much longer then most of the books on my TBR were. At the beginning, I was suffering some really bad eye strain so had to take it easy. And, as I needed a tad bit of break, I'd read an Attack on Titan book, and they're also really good and I am craving more, always with the cliffhangers.

Anyway, I'm honestly impressed with myself over how much I read, and I've read more in a bout of books read-a-thon, but also I've been reading a lot since the year started, since January first, so I was already starting to wane a bit. So far this year, before and including this now, I've read twenty one books, which is complete just madness when I try to think about it. There was a challenge going around on the BookTube community at one point to read the equivalent of 30 books in 30 days, and I'd really love to try that (a book a day for a month, the equivalent of it). January is thirty one days, but I've got half the month left and ten more books needed.

Besides me freaking out about my own ability to read books, which is just annoying. I hope all of ou had good reading weeks or just good weeks, I hope you had fun, because this read-a-thon is suppose to be low stress and fun filled (I'm never low stress). And if you want to keep up with me, you can follow me here through blogger or on Twitter, Goodreads. And I might be making YouTube videos soon, we shall see.


Goals Post
Monday Kick Off
Day One Wrap-Up
Day Two Wrap-Up
Day Three Wrap-Up
Day Four Wrap-Up
Day Five Wrap-Up
Day Six Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment