Monday, July 22, 2013

Day Seven: BookTube--A--Thon and Complete Wrap-Up(Thoughts, final stats)

Number of books I've finished today: 2

Books:
The Breathing Method by Stephen King (audiobook, finished - 53 pages)
Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind (continued and finished, 583 pages)

Number of pages read today: 636

Notes:
Actually ended up finishing pretty early, at about nine, but I decided that I'd read enough. I probably could of read more, definitely could of really, but - it's been a long week.


TOTALS:

Number of Books: 15

Pages Read: 4,200

Books Finished:
Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (256 pages)
Snow White by the Grimm Brothers, Illustrated by Camille Rose Garcia (80 pages)
Throttle by Joe Hill and Stephen King (47 pages)
Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia #4) by C.S. Lewis (240 pages)
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia #5) by C.S. Lewis (271 pages)
Beyond the Door by Philip K. Dick (20 pages)
Judgment in Death by J.D. Robb (356 pages)
The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia #6) by C.S. Lewis (257 pages)
White Cat (Curse Workers #1)  by Holly Black (310 pages)
The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia #7) by C. S. Lewis (228 pages)
Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy #1) by Jacqeuline Carey (934 pages)
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) by Charlaine Harris (304 pages)
The Breathing Method by Stephen King (53 pages)
Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth #1) by Terry Goodkind (820 pages)

Thoughts (on read-a-thon overall and challenges):
I really love read-a-thons, and this one was a lot of fun, especially because I came in it from a reading slump. I hadn't read anything since probably the first of the month, sadly, so I was glad to be able to make sure I read a bunch this week and I did, I definitely did. And I liked the added challenge, a little extra thing to add to everything.

Overall, I just thought it was great. Reading sprints, watching everyone's updates, and reading through the hashtag on Twitter was always fun. And I'm sure I'll be joining in again next year, if I can. I kind of am learning I love read-a-thons, because they get me reading way more then I'd ever be able to, because it's just fun.

Now, onto the challenges. I read more then one book to fulfill some of the challenges, so I'm just going to list the books beneath the challenges they fit, just the titles. (Challenges in italics, book titles normal).

read an average of 300 pages a day
This one I did finish, all of the books fit this, I guess, but I read over 300 pages everyday.

read a book with over 500 pages
Kushiel's Dart (934)
Wizard's First Rule (820)

re-read one book
Kushiel's Dart
Dead Until Dark
Wizard's First Rule

finish a series/trilogy
The Last Battle

read a book that's been on your shelf forever
All of the Narnia books fit this and White Cat

listen to an audiobook
The Breathing Method

read a classic
Again all of the Narnia books I read count under this one

No comments:

Post a Comment