Monday, July 8, 2013

June Wrap-Up / July TBR

Sorry for this being so late. I had a convention at the end of the month and then I got sick, as you do when flying and are at conventions. And I'm still kind of sick, but at least you can't catch anything through the internet.

Books Finished:


  • Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman (5/5)
  • Amulet, Vol. 3: The Cloud Chasers by Kazu Kibuishi (5/5)
  • Make Good Art by Neil Gaiman (5/5)
  • Power Play (Kingdom Keepers #4) by Ridley Pearson (5/5)
  • Amulet, Vol 4: The Last Council by Kazu Kibuishi (5/5)
  • Amulet, Vol 5: The Prince of the Elves by Kazu Kibuishi (5/5)
  • Shell Game (Kingdom Keepers #5) by Ridley Pearson (5/5)
  • A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin (5/5)
  • Stardust by Neil Gaiman (5/5)
  • Dark Passage (Kingdom Keepers #6) by Ridley Pearson (5/5)
So I got a good amount of books read this month, kind of proud of myself. Especially getting A Clash of Kings read, whew is that book long. I'm currently just about halfway through A Storm of Swords, book three, but this one is even longer. They're really good, but not just long, they're all very heavy and hard to read in large doses.

July TBR:
I have no idea what I want to read yet this month. I signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo, check it out here, and whenever I sign up, I just can't seem to not do it. Also, I've done every single one (last time I may have forgotten to actualy validate my words, but I promise that was a real word count). Anyway, back to the books, I want to participate in the Booktube read-a-thon, even though I don't make videos (but I want to! And people, as in friends, keeps telling me so, so I'll just have to start soon).

I mean, there are some I've started that I know I want/would like to finish. For example:

  • Death's Daughter by Amber Benson (saw and met her at LeakyCon, she is fantastic!)
  • The Drawing of Three (The Dark Tower #2) by Stephen King
  • The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (haven't started, but got it the day it came out and still haven't read it!)
I'd also really like to finish A Storm of Swords, but I just don't know how realistic that is, book is long. What are you guys planning to read in July? And what did you read in June? (Any recommendations?  Not like I'm surrounded by books I should be reading, or anything).

No comments:

Post a Comment