Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day Six: BookTube--A--Thon

Number of books I've finished today: 1

Total number of books I've read: 13

Books:
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (started and finished, reread - 304 pages)
The Name of This Books is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch (started, reread - 111 pages)
Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind (started, reread -  pages 237)

Number of pages read today: 652

Total number of pages read: 3,564


Notes:
For some reason today, I was just in the retreading kind of mood. I kind of ran out of books I had lined up to read for this read-a-thon and floundered a bit before: rereads. I ended up starting with Dead Until Dark, which I haven't read in years, honestly it was kind of a let down. Then, I was going to start a reread of the Secret series and did, as you can see, and got 100 pages in before deciding it wasn't the right time.

So I settled on Wizard's First Rule, which is the first book of the Sword of Truth series. There is a TV show based of it, Legend of the Seeker, which is how I first heard of it, but I haven't been able to continue reading the series and really needed to reread the first one, Wizard's First Rule, before containing. And so here we are, this was also kind of the logic behind Kushiel's Dart, so many long, long books and so little time.

I'm hoping to finish Wizard's First rule tomorrow and even though it's 800+, I think I can. I read it in one shot the first and only time I've read it, so I'm hoping I can again.

No comments:

Post a Comment