Sunday, July 14, 2013

Read-A-Thon? Read-A-Thon (BookTube style)

So I don't technically make videos (I did, no you can't find them anywhere. Though you may always run across me in friends vlogs). I really would love to be like 'but now is the right time to start again!' BUT considering the fact I'm about 85% sure that I currently have strep throat (which is what LeakyFlu evolved into for me, I've been feeling pretty sick since I got home, the flight was not fun all congested) I'm thinking video making with that would be not fun. If I'm feeling better at the end of the week, I might do my wrap-up in a video or something, but if not - right here.

I'm kind of a sucker for read-a-thons, honestly, I don't know why but they're just kind of fun and interacting with everyone about what they're reading. It's awesome. Anyway, this read-a-thon has certain challenges set forth for one to try and complete and they are:


  • read an average of 300 pages a day
  • read a book with over 500 pages
  • re-read one book
  • finish a series/trilogy
  • read a book that's been on your shelf forever
  • listen to an audiobook
  • read a classic
And a tad bonus one about seeing how many you could make into one. So, I have really no clue what I'm going to be reading (kind of forgot about this until a couple days ago and I had an 'oh crap!' moment).

Possible books (and what, if any, challenges they would fulfill):

  • Kushiel's Dart by Jacquiline Carey (Over 500 pages, so far, and a reread - maybe on this one)
  • The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan (finish a series one, been meaning to read this since it came out, have had it sense then).
  • Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis (I really need to get back into this series, I'm almost halfway there, pretty much. This fullfills the 'been on my shelf forever and ever' because I got copies of the Chronicles of Narnia in probably middle school and have yet to finish the series. Just recently started it).
  • The Drawing of Three by Stephen King (currently-reading)
  • Death's Daughter by Amber Benson (currently-reading)
  • A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin (currently-reading)
I'd really like to finish a book a day and complete that 300 pages a day thing, too, that would be super cool. However, I am also doing Camp NaNoWriMo, website here, and my goal is 150k (because I'm insane) but I'm at about 2k a day to finish on time and I think I can do that. Basically, this is the week I go insane. 

I don't know if I'll do an audiobook, I have a couple that are pretty short and I'm sure I could get them listened to over the course of the week. I guess I'll update everyday, the post will be the day after. So no post Monday, but the post on Tuesday will be Monday's stats. (As it was for my last read-a-thon). I did read 4k pages in the Bout of Books read-a-thon, so hopefully I can do this 300 pages a day. We shall see, I've been in a bit of a reading slump so this will either be the kick I need or I will just hopelessly stare at books.

Also, if you are participating leave your YouTube/blog/twitter/whatever you prefer in the comments so I can see your progress. Good luck, everyone, and have fun (and read)!

No comments:

Post a Comment