Tuesday, June 17, 2014

2014: Book Reviews (8)

And we have part eight of my mini-book reviews series of this year, I can't believe I've read this many books so far this year - and I wonder how many part I'll get to by the end of the year. And besides that mini-rant - the books.

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness (5/5)
I can't believe no one forced me to read this book - why did no one do this? This book is fantastic and incredible and - just go forth and read it. And my full review can be found here (link will be live when review is).

Zom-B by Darren Shan (1/5)
I - don't want to talk about this, I'm trying to block this book from my mind. That probably sounds cruel and it probably is a little, but I've never reacted to a book the way I did this one.

Cold War by Adam Christopher
This is a prequel novella for his new novel, The Burning Dark, and it really peaked my interest. Saying that, I started the book and just wasn't in the mood (it was during a 24-hour read-a-thon, and SciFi can be too heavy for that), but I'm looking forward to getting into it more, but this was an interesting intro to the world.

God Save the Queen (Immortal Empire #1) by Kate Locke (5/5)
If you follow me anywhere - you probably know of my flailing for this entire series. And I have full reviews for all of them. Basically this series is: steampunk, vampires, mutation in DNA, romance, there are also werewolves, Queen Victoria does also. Full review for God Save the Queen.

The Queen is Dead (Immortal Empire #2) by Kate Locke (5/5)
This book was just as good as the first, and in my review I started spewing love about the LGBT representation in this series (mostly because of my favorite non-main character). Full review here.

The Walking Dead: Book One by Robert Kirkman
A reread so I could continue on with the series - it was good, but I've read it before and seen the first series, of course.

Long Live the Queen (Immortal Empire #3) by Kate Locke (5/5)
The final book in this fantastic series. Full review here.

The New World (Chaos Walking #0.5) by Patrick Ness (5/5)
A great little peak into Viola's life before the story starts and before she meets Todd, really enjoyed it, I listened to it in audiobook form - so well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment