Wednesday, June 18, 2014

WWW Wednesday (18)

It's once again been more then just a week since I did this, it's been about a month, I think. So we've got a tad bit of catching up to do, it's a good thing a large chunk of the books I've read is a manga series, that'll make this easier.

WWW Wednesday is a meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. She asks that you answer three questions:



  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?
Currently-Reading:
The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles #1) by Patrick Rothfuss
I'm about in the middle of this one, it's long and the second is even longer, and it's so good. The writing, first of all, I don't care what genre you normally read because this writing, oh my god. And the characters and the plot - I kind of love it all, a lot, I'm taking it a little slow now, have kind of taken a break from it, but just because I didn't want to force myself through it.

The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove
I just started this one, and I'm a little eh on it, but I'm barely into it - only like 50 pages. I realized I just really wasn't in the mood for Fantasy, or anything that'd take too much thought. I'm definitely going to keep going, I loved the idea/concept of this book, I just need to get further into the story. Also I'd finished Ready Player One - and I just needed something lighter (even though I love RP1 and it's amazing).

Read:
Fruits Basket 1-23 by Natsuki Takaya (5/5)
Yeah - I reread the entirety of Fruits Basket (I also re-watched the anime), and this was really good, as good as I remembered it being. And the anime was actually better then I remember, and both are really funny at points. I definitely reccomend this series, I also think it's a good starting series - if you're trying to get into manga and don't want to get yourself into anything huge. This series has a definite end, it's fantastic and funny, and has an anime. (The anime only covers the story arc to volume 6, but it has scenes/information from further volumes, if memory serves, but not too much farther then that).

Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott (4/5)
This was very, very good. Life or death situations, animal companions, possible corrupting - fantastic.

Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour (5/5)
Whoa, a contemporary? I know, I know - but I do read them when the urge arises, and this one was really, really good. I always forget that I do like contemporaries, I just rarely get the urge to read them. Anyway - I stayed up late to finish this, and I hadn't even meant to pick it up to begin with, and I flew through it - it was fantastic and touching and it made me cry. That's the highest praise, I don't cry at a lot of books.

Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony (3/5)
I - liked it, but it didn't draw me in, I didn't feel connected at all with these characters. But it was a really cool way to tell a story.

The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer (5/5)
I need to read her other series, it's werewolves and I love werewolves. Anyway - this one: steampunk, alternate history, and a shit ton of fun. It's can get cheesy, but sometimes I really like that. Which is probably a weird thing to say, but I liked the characters, the humor. It was just a lot of fun to read.

Sea of Shadows by Kelly Armstrong (5/5)
I was intrigued by this book, but I didn't expect to like it this much. I've never read anything by Kelly Armstrong, but I'm definitely going to look into her other stuff. This was really good, I liked the writing and the characters and the story was good and actually surprised me.

Burn for Burn by Siobhan Vivian, Jenny Han (3/5)
Fun, interesting, but it didn't feel like it was more then that. And I don't, honestly, think that's a bad thing. It was exactly what I expected - teenage girls trying to get revenge. I might even continue on with the series when they're also out in paperback.

To Read:
I have a large amount of books I want to read right away, and even short term TBRs just don't seem to work with me. I'm a very mood based reader, and if I'm not feeling a book - I just can't read it. However, I have a few ideas, I kind of am in a contemporary mood (what? blaspheme. I don't know if this has ever happened to me before). Anyway - I pulled a couple contemporary books out, and I just got one in the mail and such, but I also want to keep going with my #RYBSAT stack (I've been kind of reading that and other books, like I'm double reading for some, strange reason. Oh, right, I have no life). 

So - possibilities for soon (since I'm sure my next WWW Wednesday won't go up until after VidCon):
  • Rock On by Denisa Vega (short, rock music - sounds fun)
  • The List by Siobhan Vivian (because just read Burn for Burn and have heard good things)
  • Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (because someone commented I sound and I've seen really good reviews for it. Also the cover is even more gorgeous in person, I just got it in the mail).
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (the third book just came out, and I've been here even more good things).
  • And - also finish some of the other books I'm still currently-reading.
Do you post a WWW Wednesday? Or just - what have you read recently or what are you reading currently? What are you eyeing to read next?

No comments:

Post a Comment