Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 2014 TBR

I keep making these, don't I? But I was doing pretty good until this month, this was was very weird, but I did read a bunch of books so I'm not really complaining. I'm currently reading a ton of books, so I'd like to finish quite a few of those.

So, first off, the books I'm currently reading:


  • The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - loving this, almost halfway through
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - a reread, halfway through
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - also a reread, but just not really feeling it at the moment, but would like to finish in June
  • The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson - this is so good and I was trying to take it slow, but now I haven't read it in a week, but to be fair the whole last week of May was kind of no reading happening.
  • Quiet by Susan Cain - non-fiction so it's slow going, but I'm really loving it and would like to finish before the month is through.
  • Saint City Sinners by Lilith Saintcrow - I'm like 120 pages into this book, it started with just pure pain so I haven't been able to bring myself to pick it back up.
  • The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer - not that far in, about 50 pages, was listening to the audiobook but I've got a physical copy now. 
I would like to, hopefully, finish all of those in June. And then there are others I might be picking from that I got recently, or at the top of my stack. However, one of the first things that's going to probably happen in June is a complete reread of the Fruits Basket manga. I started like an accidental rewatch of the Anime and now I need to reread those books. As soon as the last two volumes that I didn't buy the first time around come in the mail - it's on, it shouldn't take me long even though it's 23 volumes.

And then - there's the rest of the month. I have a kind of few books that I'd like to get to, but I think we all know how well my TBR things tend to go. Still.

  • To Hell and Back (Dante Valentine #5) by Lilith Saintcrow - to finish off this series! I'll get a review, hopefully, up of the series after I've finished it and figured out what to say.
  • Abaddon's Gate (The Expanse #3) by James S.A. Corey - the fourth book comes out this month!
  • Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking #3) by Patrick Ness - I'm scared, it's going to completely crush me, isn't it? But I also want to read it so badly.
  • The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicles #1) by Patrick Rothfuss - I think it might be time, I've had this book since last summer. I bought it in Powells on the recommendation of some random guy because he made it sound amazing. And I've just seen more and more and more good things about this book and series. And it's high fantasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment