Monday, December 15, 2014

Debutathon Wrap-Up

This read-a-thon didn't go well, and I even set my goals very low. I'd been thrown into a slump by a book I just didn't like. (Do you ever have that happen? Try and read a book and it just kind of makes you worry about reading other books and not liking those? So it doesn't matter if you're in a reading mood or not, which I've been in all week, all that matters is that you can't read).

It is completely infuriating and frustrating, if you were wondering.

And I wanted to read things and they were good, really good, but as I kept going I just started to feel a little eh. And, of course, I didn't want to push it because that never works well with reading. I ended up only finishing one book, all week, which is not usual for me lately.

Jackaby by William Ritter was the only books I finished - but it was fantastic. And surprising. I never read the full description and I was very pleasantly surprised, especially by the creatures who are rarely used.

I did get a bit into The Girl From the Well by Rin Chupeco (can we pause for two seconds to talk about how much I love the name Rin? No idea why, might be because of Fruits Basket, that's probably where I first saw it, I'm just very fond of it). I didn't get very far in this book, but what I've read I've read enjoyed but, like I said, I just wasn't feeling like reading and didn't want to push it.

(I ended up marathoning anime, because I might of been a little sick, too. I watched Ouran High School Host Club, which I highly recommend with warnings of... cute things? And implied incest? Also - Psycho-Pass is fantastic futuristic kind of thing, really good, but I haven't finished season one yet, and it's definitely for older users but the psychology is very interesting. Maybe I should do a whole post on anime. After I watch more, that is).

I hope your reading weeks were better. Did you participate in this read-a-thon? Do way better then me? What did you read (this week or for this read-a-thon)?

No comments:

Post a Comment