Monday, December 1, 2014

November 2014 Wrap-Up

November was a very strange month for reading because of NaNoWriMo. I'd planned on just writing a smaller amount then normal and take time to write and read - but I forgot how addictive over achieving is. So that plan, quickly, dissolved.
  • The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)
  • Click-Clack the Rattlebag by Neil Gaiman (4/5)
  • Hawkeye, Vol 3: LA Women by Matt Fraction (5.5)
  • Hawkeye: #13, #15, #17, #19 by Matt Fraction, and illustrator/artists (4/5)
  • The Wicked and the Divine #3 by Kieron Gillen (4/5)
  • The Dream Thieves (Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)
  • White Cat (Curse Workers #1) by Holly Black (5/5)
  • Red Gloves (Curse Workers #2) by Holly Black (5/5)
  • Black Heart (Curse Workers #3) by Holly Black (5/5)
  • Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts by John Layman (4/5)
  • Howls' Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle #1) Diana Wynne Jones (5/5)
  • Three to Ride by Sophie Oaks (2/5)
  • Siren Beloved (Texas Sirens #4) by Sophie Oaks (3/5)
  • No Plot? No Problem: Revised and Expanded by Chris Baty (5/5)
  • The Siren (The Original Sinners #1) by Tiffany Reisz (4/5)
  • Wallbanger (Cocktail #1) by Alice Clayton
  • Girl in Love (Kylie Ryans #3) by Caisey Quinn
  • An On Dublin Street Christmas (#1.1) by Samantha Young
  • Until Fountain Bridge (On Dublin Street #1.5) by Samantha Young
If I've counted right, I read 22 things this month. Considering it was NaNoWriMo and I also wrote 300k+ words, I'm very pleased with this. A few were single issue comics, and I think I won't count them towards my reading challenge on goodreads last year. I can't decide (any opinions?)

Anyway - I really enjoyed quite a few of the books I read this month, even though it feels like I read some of them months ago, instead of just a month ago. Stills, out of all of these books, I'd have to say The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves were my favorite - I'm loving this series and I can't wait to read the third on. They're incredible and I'm still surprised at how hard I feel for these books.

The Hawkeye comics are also pretty incredible, I'm loving them and am in denial about them ending (two issues left right? Or is it over? I don't want to check). And the Curse Workers series was really good, and I marathoned them in like eight hours, I think. Howl's Moving Castle was breathtaking and the fantasy world was incredible. Though, I do think I enjoy the movie more, which is rare, but it's just so good (I watched that, in full, for the first time this month as well).

I also read some predictable romance, towards the end, just because I was feeling so burnt out. On everything. Writing, reading, I couldn't even try to watch a TV show. I'm still kind of in that mood, so the beginning of December will probably be filled with some romance - but I can't fault them. Sometimes you just need some light, fluffy stuff to read, right?

How did your month go? Reading and otherwise? Have you read any of these books and how did you feel? I hope you had a great month! And my December TBR(ish) post should be up tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment