Friday, May 16, 2014

Bout of Books 10.0: Day Four Wrap-Up

Today was a pretty good reading day, not as good as yesterday but I had some time to read some more of The Final Empire so that was lovely. I got a little distracted by writing in the morning/early afternoon and might have had a slight dance party to wake myself up. Now - stats?

Number of books read today: 1

Total number of books read: 6

Books:
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill (finished - 258 pages)

Books currently-reading:
Quiet by Susan Cain (continued - 38 pages)
The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson (continued - 100 pages)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide #1) by Douglas Adam (started - 50 pages)

Number of pages read today: 446

Total number of pages read: 2,143

Notes:
Apparently All Our Yesterdays is going to have a sequel. Why? It ended so freaking perfectly. I don't even know where the story would go from there.

Anyway - I also continued reading some other books. As you can tell my reading after finishing All Our Yesterdays was a tad scattered, as I honestly tend to be after finishing a book. I am currently just completely loving Quiet - it's got so much information jammed into so many pages, but it doesn't feel like it's hard to read, though it's a little slower, I find all non-fiction is.

And The Final Empire. Brandon Sanderson, if you haven't read him - do it now. I don't want to finish this book quickly but I also want to know what happens, but - it's like it's replenishing me of something and it's just so fantastic, I love it to absolute pieces, I'm so glad this is a series and that the first three books are so long. (It appears like there's going to be six books in all - I kind of hope there's more, which is rare for me to want more books in a series).

Also - Hitchhiker's Guide is lovely. I mean what can I really say? This is a reread for me and I read the first three books I think two years ago (I could go check, but I'm no going to) and I really enjoyed them, completely hilarious, but I never ended up reading the last two. So I want to reread the first three, and then get to the last two. This is definitely not going to happen during the read-a-thon, but soon, they're all really short.

(Edit: Added thing again, I wrote 7,482 words today, thought I'd add that in today. If you haven't noticed, I like stats of things).

I hope your reading day went well and just your day in general. What are you reading? How are you liking them? Have any books you want to push that you think I might like?

No comments:

Post a Comment