Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WWW Wednesday (17)

So. It's been a long time since I've done one of these, way too long. And I really enjoy doing these, but there have been way too many books I've read since I did this. Actually, the last time I did this meme was last year, in May, so it's almost been a full year.

I'm just going to mention some of the few books I've just finished and not go further then that.

And here we go!

WWW Wednesday is a meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. She asks that you answer three questions:

  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?

Currently-Reading:
Well - according to goodreads I'm currently reading 15 books at the moment, insert freak out / sigh here, so I'm just going to list the ones that I'm actively trying to get through, the rest are more or less on hold for the moment.
  • Saint City Sinners (Dante Valentine #4) by Lilith Saintcrow - currently reading, like 120 pages in. The start of tis book hurt so much, I haven't picked it up again, apparently I got way more attached to the characters then I thought I did because ow.
  • The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson -  first book in the Mistborn series. I'm about a third into it so far. And I'm going to continue taking it slow, though I 'd like to finish it next month.
  • The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer - I started listening to this on the audiobook. I really like the idea of audiobooks, but since I don't commute to anything, or don't really have time where I couldn't physically read - they can be more of a problem then anything else, they're just so slow compared to my reading speed.
  • Also I'm currently rereading two books that I loved the first time around. Ready Player One and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I'm halfway through  Ready Player One and I'd almost forgotten how rich and amazing this world was, and how much I loved this characters, and I feel like i"m seeing things I missed the first time (and seconds, I actually listened to this one on audio because Wil Wheaton, mostly while I was mining on Minecraft).

Recently Finished:
I've finished a lot of books since I did my WWW Wednesday last month (hopefully I can keep up with these a little better) so I'm just going to list the last handful of them or so. In order of the most recently finished.

What in God's Name by Simon Rich (5/5)
So hilarious and good, and I flew through this book in just about one sitting. It's full of shenanigans and just some great fun.

Elusive Memories (The Hunted #1) by Amanda Shofner (5/5)
You might of heard of Amanda if you recently participated in the Bout of Books read-a-thon as her and Kelly are who run it. This came out like right at the beginning of it, I can't remember the exact day, and I ended up just buying it. And was very pleasantly surprised, I ended up reading this in mostly on sitting - something about the world and characters just sucked me straight it and about two hours later - I was done. 

Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery #1) by Kim Harrison (4/5)
This reminded me, reading the synopsis, of a show that's been over for years now called Dead Like Me, so I had to give it a shot. And was surprised - it did remind me a bit of that show, but it was so different and had a broader world. I'm excited to continue on with this series soon, I've got the second and last book in this series standing by.

To Read Next:
Well I'd really love to, you know, knock those 'currently reading' books out, the ones currently listed above that is, but also all of those other - I really don't like being over 10 on goodreads, which will probably take me until next Wednesday to even consider picking up more books, so I'm not going to bother listing more.

And I think I'm just going to leave it there, I've been considering doing a "summer reading plans" kind of thing, and it might be kind of cool to do quarterly reading updates about my progress and what I want to read during the next chunk of the year. Anyway - I hope you read something good recently and if you did - what was it? And what are you currently reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment