• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
This is my first time doing this, so I'm not really sure what to muse about. However, if you have any suggestions or such, leave them in the comments! Alright - I think I'll do the rant thing, because there's something that's been bugging me for a while now.
Have any of you gone into a bookstore recently and picked up a mass paperback and then - been utterly bewildered? Because the book is suddenly weirdly tall and thin? I can't be the only one whose noticed this the last probably six months, it's been annoying the hell out of me. The books look ridiculous, I think they're harder to read, and it makes no sense to change them at this point.
If you haven't noticed, the next time you go into a bookstore, I'm sure you will notice, once I did it was all I could see.. The one that's annoyed me the most is Jim Butcher's books, both his series have been new mass paperbackified.
Also if you do this meme, please let me know so I can check out your post. And if you've noticed this weird phenomenon, tell me, and if/why it does/doesn't annoy you.