Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bout of Books 10.0: Day One Wrap-Up

Day one of the Bou of Books 10.0 read-a-thon! I didn't feel quite right today, didn't mention it on twitter - but I had a migraine for part of the day and a tad dehydrated (no, seriously, weather - jumping to like 80 degrees isn't cool, literally, and my body was not ready for that).

Anyway, I didn't want to mention it just because I didn't want to complain too much. On to happier topics and hopefully I feel better tomorrow!

There was a Bout of Books Twitter chat today, which was even more crazy and fast moving then usual and still so, so much fun. I love seeing what everyone's saying and what they're reading or recommend, it' a ton of fun and if you haven't been to one - there's another chat on Wednesday and Friday, and I think a live G+ hangout tomorrow.

Number of Books Completed Today: 1

Books Finished:
The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking #2) by Patrick Ness (519 pages - started and finished)

Books Currently-Reading:
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain (64 pages read)
Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers (52 pages)

Number of Pages Read Today: 635

Notes:
I really, really loved The Ask and the Answer, I just flew through it too, this series is fantastic. I have the third one waiting to read, but it's almost 600 pages and... it's going to make me cry isn't it? I don't know if I'm ready for emotional scarring this early in the read-a-thon, so I might put it off until the weekend.

Quiet is so fantastic and though provoking so far, I'm reading it on my Kindle (it was pretty cheap, too) and I'm really glad I am because it's so much easier to make notes on it and such.

I'm not that far into Theodosia, it's the first in a series, and I"m kind of eh about it at the moment, but like I said I'm not that far into it. Also it's about Ancient Egypt, so I'll probably end up really into it. If not - I am still determine to read the rest of the series (I may have pre-emtively bought others in it, I've mostly stopped myself from doing this, but I can't resist ancient Egypt in middle-grade, it's a weakness).

What have you been reading? Also - am I going to cry reading Monsters of Men? (I want to be prepared). I hope you had a great reading day or just a great day in general - happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment