However, this read-a-thon will be taking place from May 12th - 18th and I'll hopefully be reading for a large part of every day. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to set aside the first day, maybe two, to pretty much just reading and then let up a little on it. Either way - I have high hopes for this read-a-thon, as I tend to.
I tend to just pick a bunch of books that I'll be picking from during the week, so I'm going to list the books I'm thinking of reading during this week:
- More of the Dante Valentine's series by Lilith Saintcrow
- And, on the same not, the Jill Kismet series by the same author
- The Ask and the Answer and Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
- Theodosia Thorkmorton series by R.L. LaFevers (I'd like to at least read the first book, and they're middle grade, so I should be able to fly through it).
- Reread City of Glass and maybe the other two (that last book comes out at the end of his month!)
- Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen
- Abaddon's Gate by James S.A. Corey
Sadly, I don't really have any graphic novels that I'm waiting to get to, because I normally use those between books to give me a little break of sorts. And now, onto my goals/hopes for the week.
I tend to be very hopeful, I guess, with what I want to accomplish during read-a-thons, but I also tend to be pretty good at getting there.
- Finish 1-2 books a day (I'd really like to say 2-3 but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. However I'll be setting my sights for that and if I only get one finished, I'm not going to be upset my any means).
- Read 300+ pages a day (I normally put 200-300 but I glanced back at my stats from 9.0 and I was over 300 all of those days, so I think this is very doable).
- Participate in the Twitter chats (if you haven't done a Bout of Books, or have and haven't checked these out, you should they're a ton of fun).
- Have fun, don't stress too much, just read, read, read.
If you're participating in this Bout of Books, then leave a comment letting me know so I can check out your blog and cheer you on. And if you're not, or you just can't - I hope you have a great week, anyway.