Thursday, January 15, 2015

Anticipated 2015 Releases

There was a Top Ten Tuesday for this topic in December, I believe, and I just was not prepared for it, but it made me realize how many books I'm looking forward to in 2015. So I wanted to share them, and I think there might be more then ten? (Definitely).

I'm going to not include sequels if I haven't read, at least, the first book in the series. So a lot of these will probably be standalones or the first book in a series, but I guess we can start with sequels.

Sequels:
  • Firefight (The Reckoners #2) by Brandon Sanderson - January 6th (pre-ordered, I'm ready, give it to me)
  • The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black - January 13th (alright, I've already read this. But I am going to a signing on the release day and would like to reread it then, since I read it in August)
  • The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London #3) by Maureen Johnson - February 10th (I've still yet to read book 2 for some reason, but when this comes out I'll probably just marathon all three, rereading book 1)
  • Salt and Stone (Fire and Flood #2) by Victoria Scott  - March
  • Empire of Night (Age of Legends #2) by Kelly Armstrong - April 7th (really enjoyed book one so am looking forward to book 2)
  • Nemesis Games (The Expanse #5) by James S.A. Corey - June 2nd (I'm falling behind on this series, BUT I'm still super excited for this and hopefully I can read 3 and 4 before it comes out. Also - TV show starting next year? Hell yes)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Games #2) by Ann Aguirre - August 4th 
  • The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu - October 6th (I read the first book very recently and I'm mostly excited for this book because, without spoilers, the first line of the synopsis makes me about 50% more excited then I had been).

By Month:
  • Trigger Warning: Short Fiction and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman - February 3rd (it's Gaiman, I didn't even know about this until I went to make this list, but I will definitely pick this up. Hopefully next year)
  • The Eterna Files by Leanna Renne Hieber  (This looks good and is her first release that's coming out in hardcover first, not just paperback, and I adore Leanna, have met her a few times, and I'd highly suggest checking out her books) - February 3rd
  • Red Queen (The Red Queen Trilogy #1) by Victoria Aveyard  - February 10th
  • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Shwab (I got the excerpt from Netgalley and I need more, I need the whole thing. I'm so intrigued and interested and Victoria Schwab is very high up on my favorite authors list already) - February 24th
  • The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord - March 31st (read her debut novel, loved it. Excited for this one)
  • An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - April 28th
  • Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley - April 28th
  • The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn #1) by Renee Ahdieh - May 12th (this one sounds very interesting and different, haven't heard much about it yet, though. Still, I'm intrigued)
  • Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider - May 26th (it's Robyn, I love Robyn, end of story).
  • Armada by Ernest Cline - July 28th (yes, give it to me now. I loved his first novel, Ready Player One, I am ready for another one)
  • Percy Jackson Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan - August 18th
  • Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare - September (I'm still not sure about this? I'm not super interested in these characters, but I'll read it for Jem and Tessa, if they appear. And have no regrets)
  • The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan - October 6th
  • Six of Crows (The Dregs #1) by Leigh Bardugo - October 8th (heard her read from this, need the rest of it, it sounds amazing)

None specific dates:
  • Tales from the Shadow Hunter Academy #1-10 by Cassie Clare and others - throughout 2015
  • Nightblood (Warbreaker #2) by Brandon Sanderson - apparently 2015? I don't know if this is true because I haven't seen anything about it, but... yes? Like yes please.
  • The Raven Cycle #4 by Maggie Stievfater (I don't think this has a title yet, right? Or a release date besides '2015.' But man am I excited for it).
  • Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink, Jeffrey Cranor (apparently 2015 for this. I'm super excited, so excited. WTNV in book form. I kind of hope it has strange illustrations, I'd be done, even, with them just using a bunch of different styles, but it might just be a book with only words. I'm fine, either way, I do like words)


The ones I'm most excited for are probably Firefight(and anything else Sanderson puts out in 2015, I will buy and read and love), A Darker Shade of Magic, Six of Crows, The Eterna Files, Raven Cycle #4, Welcome to Nightvale.

I'm really excited about all of them, but I don't know how many I'll end up pre-ordering or buying right away. I think I'm going to try and cut back on buying books during 2015. Of course, I said this last year so I'm sure sure how well this is going to go. I'm also sure I missed some. I tried to remember them all - the sequels, the new releases. And not letting myself add sequels for books I haven't read, was probably a good idea because I think this list would magically double in length.

What are you most looking forward to in 2015? (If you made a list, I'd love to see it, or just list a few of your most anticipated, I won't ask you to just pick one). And - do you think anything is missing from my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment