Thursday, January 1, 2015

December Wrap-Up

December was a strange month for reading for me. I wasn't reading anything, really, in the first month - but I was thinking about reading so much. Because of the new year coming up and people were already putting up 2015 resolution videos, and I discovered the app called Libib and ended up reorganizing and scanning all of my books.
  • Rock Chick (Rock Chick #1) by Kristen Ashley
  • The Unknown Unknown by Mark Forsyth (5/5)
  • Jackaby by William Ritter (5/5)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater (5/5)
  • Percy Jackson's Greek Gods by Rick Riordan (3/3)
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes #1) by Colleen Gleason (3/5)
  • Is Everyone Hanging Out without Me? (and other concerns) by Mindy Kaling (5/5)
  • The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco (5/5)
  • The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling #1) by Erika Johansen (4/5)
  • The Wicked and The Divine #4 & #5 by Kiernon Gillen (5/5)
  • The Young Elites (The Young Elites #1) by Marie Lu (3.5/5)
  • The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes (5/5)
I now wish I could go back and add Lauren Beukes to the TTT that happened this month, about best new authors you read in 2014. The Shining Girls was incredible and I'm so freaking glad I read it. Highly, highly recommended.

The other things I read were also good, I read some three star books this month but I still enjoyed them. I really, really enjoyed issues 4 and 5 of The Wicked and The Divine - this comic series is incredible and I cannot wait to get my hands on issue 6.

It was actually just an okay reading month for me, considering I only read 12 books, but I didn't want to push myself too much after hitting my 250 goal and I spent a lot of time working on posts that are going up this month, January.

I know some people don't put much by the new year, but I always have. Resolutions and relfections of the last year (mixed in with: holy shit, how has it been a year already?). And I'm really looking forward to 2015. I have no idea what's going to happen, at all, so I'm a little scared, but mostly excited. 

Blog Posts from December:
November Wrap-Up


2 comments:

  1. I think you did an awesome job in reading for the month of December!! With holidays going on and all, I'd be thrilled to have finished reading 12 books in December!! I think I ended up only reading 8 books in December 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My mom and I don't do much for the holidays, so it's really only two days where it affects my normal schedule, I think that's why I was just surprised at the smaller number of books (then I normally read). And eight books is definitely good, too! Nothing to shake a stick at.

      Delete