Monday, January 12, 2015

Bout of Books 12 | Day Seven Wrap-up and The End

I had so much fun this time around. Bout of Books is always a ton of fun, the twitter chats especially, but this time around there was a lot more making funs (and swapping of spreadsheets, because: #booknerdWIN. Guys. Seriously). Anyway, besides inside twitter jokes, I just had a lot of fun.

I didn't get as much reading done as I have previously or would of liked, but I've been expecting to slow down a bit after everything. And I'd like to read more book books this year and less comics/trades/graphic novels - you know. So I think I'm okay slowing a bit, though I'm still going to try and get through my backlog/keep up with favorite series.

I'm really, really trying to get through my physical TBR of way too many books. So I'm honestly trying to work on not buying books, but it's hard. So very hard. (Hello, my name is Casey. I haven't bought a book since December 31st - book buyers anonymous, anyone?)

Anyway - this isn't about the books I can't buy. It's about books I've already read. So shall we?

I didn't, actually, end up reading anything on the last day. I felt so hungover from the awesomeness that was The Way of Shadows, and I just wasn't feeling like reading. And I've learned, if I'm not feeling like reading, then not to push it, because it won't end well for anyone.

Total Number of Books Completed: 8

Total Number of Pages Read: 2, 310

Everything Read (Books/Comics/Unfinished):
Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant by Tony Cliff (3/5)
The Truth is the Cave in the Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman (4/5)
The Library of Unrequited Love by Sophie Divry (3/5)
Ouran High School Host Club, Volume 1 by Bisco Hatori (5/5)
Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix (4/5)
Ouran High School Host Clob, Volume 2 by Bisco Hatori (5/5)
Wayward #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 by Jim Zub (5/5)
Baltimore: The Wolf and The Apostle #1, #2 by Mike Mignola (3/5)
The Wicked and the Divine #6 by Kieron Gillen (5/5)
East of West #16 by Jonathan Hickman (5/5)
Lock In by John Scalzi (5/5)
The Way of Shadows (Night Angel #1) by Brent Weeks (5/5)

Notes/Thoughts:
I wasn't, honestly, completely happy with everything I read this week. And not content matter, although there were some things that I ended up not enjoying as much as I expected. I just didn't read as much as I'd hoped, I wasn't in a reading mood for a lot of the week.

On the other hand, I did get some reading done and I read some really good thinks (The Way of Shadows, probably being the best). And I had a ton of fun on twitter, during the chats and in the normally hour or so after them.

I hope you all had a great week and a great reading week, whether you took part or not. What are you currently reading?

(And - Bout of Books 13 in May! See you there?)

Bout of Books blog
Kick-Off Post
Announcement Post
Day One Wrap-Up
Day Two Wrap-Up
Day Three Wrap-Up
Day Four Wrap-Up
Day Five Wrap-Up
Day Six Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment