Monday, January 5, 2015

Bout of Books 12 | Kick-off (Starts today)

It's the first official day of the Bout of Books 12 read-a-thon. My announcement book went up on December 22nd (link), and if you're confused as what the hell I"m talking about - the Bout of Books blog should answer all of your questions. Basically - it's a week long read-a-thon that, this time, is taking place between January fifth (today) and through January 11th.

This is my favorite read-a-thon of the year, and it happens multiple times a year. This time around, they aren't doing a specific goal post to link up to, but you can set your own goals. From what was said, it seems like they want to promote people from stop saying they're failing the read-a-thon, which I think is good. It's fun, even if you can't read a ton, just read or just interact with people on twitter/their blog. Flailing, not failing! You should join if it sound interesting, though I'm sure most of you know what BoB is, if you've ever read my blog before.

Onto my own goals, because I do have some. They aren't very big or specific, but I like this Bout of Books specifically, also, because it's at the beginning of the year and gives me the chance to jumpstart my reading for the year.

  • Read. As much as I can. I'd like to finish a book a day, but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself because I have no idea what's going to be happening this week, but I love trying to do the equivalent of one book a day (at least).
  • Have fun. This is very important for this read-a-thon and, if I'm not putting pressure on myself, very easy to achieve. 
  • Visit blogs, leave comments, and take part in the twitter chats. I always end up getting so distracted by the reading, which definitely isn't a bad thing, but I'd also really love to make it a point to comment on a few (at least) blogs a day. I always remember to visit some, but commenting I tend to not be able to do at the time and then forget to go back (or just second guess myself). So I want to make that a point. And, if you haven't heard of the twitter chats, you should join one - they're a ton of fun and you'll walk away with new blogs to follow and probably a lot of book recommendations and a smile.
I think that's it, I'm never very specific on my goals for Bout of Books - just read, read, read, and then some others. Normally, I'd add a TBR that was about 80% guess and normally 95% wrong, so I'm not going to bother this time around. I'll be posting daily updates here, though, like normal. (today is day one, that wrap up with go up tomorrow. And then day twos wrap up will go up on day three. And so on).

However, if you do not want to wait that long, or are just curious as to what I picked up first: twitter, instagram, Goodreads. If you're participating, let me know in the comments (with a link to your blog/whatever you're updating on). 

And I wish you good books and flailing.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with bout of books! It's such a good time. Looking forward to seeing what you end up reading. I saw that you liked a Murakami book and House of Leaves, so I'm following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you too! It really is, definitely my favorite read-a-thon, I always love seeing what people are reading/end up finishing for the week. And thank you! :)

      Delete