Friday, January 9, 2015

Bout of Books 12 | Day Four Wrap-Up

Reading, and really doing anything, with eyestrain - is difficult. And it always surprises me with just how difficult. I should probably stop scrolling through my phone in the dark when I can't sleep. So I probably read the least I have all week, but I'm still really happy with what I read. I made progress in The Way of Shadows, and I'm really enjoying that book so far and I"m glad I picked it up.

Number of Books Completed Today: 0

Total Number of Books Completed: 6

Books:
Wayward #1, #2, #3, & #4 by Jim Zub and more  (started and completed all - about 100 pages)
The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks (continued - 146)
Lock In by John Scalzi (started - 50 pages)

Number of Pages Read: 296

Total Number of Pages Read: 1,412

Notes/Thoughts:
I estimated for the comics, going by goodreads (which had page counts for 2/4), and I estimated low. I'm really liking that series so far, it's really good and very interesting. I'd suggest getting the single issues for the japan mythology essays in the back.

I'm really loving The Way of Shadows so far, it's just so good. And I'm not sure why? I was a little wary starting it, because I had kind of high hopes for it (because of the GR ratings), but I have not been disappointed so far, about 30% into it.

Hopefully, I can get a bit more read tomorrow! Also, I'm going between listening to Lock In and reading (Wil Wheaton narration. I love Amber Benson, but I love Wil's narration), because of eyes.

Bout of Books blog
Kick-Off Post
Announcement Post
Day One Wrap-Up
Day Two Wrap-Up
Day Three Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment