Sunday, November 30, 2014

2014: Book Reviews (13)

Part thirteen! I, obviously, read a lot of books this year and can't believe how far I fell behind with these. I just kept forgetting about them and kept reading. But I've read a ton of books.

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (4/5, 5/5, 4/5)
I really liked this series and did a full series review - and I'm not sure why I liked it so much. I just think I got drawn in and attached to the characters and that was the end of it (I'm a character person, and they were fun and great).

Zita the Spacegirl Series by Ben Hatke (4/5, 5/5, 5/5)
This was a fun middle grade graphic novel series that was a lot of fun and the characters were awesome and fun. And I really liked the illustrations and the covers. I'd highly suggest this if you like graphic novels and middle grade adventure - because this is both of those shoved together fantastically.

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare (4/5)
This was a reread to me and I enjoyed it but it felt a little lacking in parts. Saying that - I read it in one sitting and almost cried, so there's that. I know some people just adore this series, have problems with it or the author - but I read the original three books in middle school, when they were first coming out, and so I might be a little too nostalgic to be objective. (Full series review)

Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant #2) by Derek Landy (5/5)
Second book in this series and I loved it probably just as much as the first one - the dialogue, setting, characters, plot. It was so much fun.

Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare (4/5)
For some reason - I like this series better. This one definitely isn't my favorite of this series and it was a reread, but I enjoy the setting and characters. I adore these characters, just all of them. (particularly our three, of course). (series review)

Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassie Clare (5/5)
I loved this one more then I expected - I didn't expect to like this series as much, and this one was just really good, especially considering it was a second in a series. I'm also not sure I can be non-biased with this one, they're just fun (I'm pretty sure this year, all her books I read, I finished them all in one sitting). (series review)

Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3) by Cassie Clare (5/5)
This book. It hurt and I loved it - I think my favorite relationship in this whole series is the one between Will and Jem and it's so painful and kind of stupidly angsty and I kind of loved that? This one hurts. And it's so good. And you should definitely read this one before the end of The Mortal Intrusments. (series review)

City of Fallen Angels (TMI #4) by Cassie Clare (4/5)
Reread. And I honestly remembered almost less then I did of City of Glass, even though I obviously had read this one more recently. And sometimes these teenagers makes me want to shake them, but I also really enjoyed this book, especially having finished The Infernal Devices before this one. There was giggling, I have no regrets. (series review)

City of Lost Souls (TMI #5)  by Cassie Clare (5/5)
New stuff! I hadn't read before! I didn't expect this, I don't know why I just didn't. And I think the reason I loved this one so much was because of how busy I was flailing over ID stuff, like I said, no regrets. But I did enjoy what was going on with kind of everyone - they're all ridiculous and I apparently just gave in embraced this? (series review)

City of Heavenly Fire (TMI #6) by Cassie Clare (5/5)
I finished this book the morning we were getting on a plane to fly to Orlando for LeakyCon (I woke up early, and I have just enough time to finish it). And I'm obviously not going to spoil anything here - but I really, really enjoyed it. It was still ridiculous at points, but also fun (junk food, addictive). I really liked this series and I wasn't going to pick up the next one but if certain characters are going to be in it, I will pick it up for them. (series review)

No comments:

Post a Comment