Thursday, April 2, 2015

March 2015 | Monthly Wrap Up

March was... not a good month, probably the worst month I've had in a while. It goes up and down in ways that just are not preditable. Anyway, so that means I didn't get a lot of reading done. Honestly I am actually a little stunned to learn it was the end of the month, considering it felt like it couldn't possibly have been a month (right? right?!).

  • Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach (4/5)
  • Trees, Vol 1 by Warren Ellis (5/5)
  • Nameless #1 #2 by Grant Morrison (3/5)
  • The Fade Out, Act One by Ed Brubaker (4/5)
  • I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios (4/5)
  • Prometheus: Fire and Stone by Paul Tobin, Juan Ferreyra (4/5)

I did still, as you can see, read a handful of things, though. I finally finished Spook by Mary Roach - which I really, really enjoyed, but I knocked down a star just just a few reasons. I enjoyed her writing style, though, the way things flowed, even though sometimes it felt like too much information at once. Would still highly recommend and have already (barely) started Stiff by her.

And then I read a good few comics - volume one of Trees might be one of the best things I've read so far this year, definitely the best comic, and that's saying something. I'd highly recommend it, you need to go and check it out. The characters are so different and interesting, and their stories are as well, and the art is freaking gorgeous as hell, seriously. I'm tempted to now read anything and everything Warren Ellis has ever put out.
And I finished an actual fiction novel as one, just one. I'll Meet You There - a young adult novel about a girl from a middle of no where town and a boy she knew whose back from war. It wasn't as intense as I expected, but it is still very intense. I'd suggest it to people who know they'll be fine with it. It's heartbreaking at points, but she never digs very deep into the guys subconscious. Still - fantastic, important read. Especially considering it's YA.

I finally feel like reading again, though, the last few days. However, I'm not sure what'll happen with that for a few days as there was just an expansion released for the Sims 4 - aliens, playable jobs, fun stuff all around. I've already playing a little of it.

So what have you recently finished? Currently reading? (Sims expansion talk?)

I hope you all had a great month! I'm hopeful April will be better.

On The Blog:

2 comments:

  1. I hope April is better for you! We each read 6 things in March, so you are not even doing badly as far as reading goes haha. I haven't heard of Trees, but I'm going to go look into it! Have fun with sims!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trees is definitely worth a look! And I am, and trying not to just play the Sims. :)

      Delete