Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13th | Weekly Wrap Up #15

I don't know what this week was. It was a weird week. And I'm slowly realizing that I can't snap back that easily, but I don't want to fully go on hiatus, I'll loose weeks without realizing it. I like keeping track of things week to week and going around and reading other peoples weekly updates (or whatever else people call them), even though I very, very rarely comment on them. (I'm sorry about that, I know everyone loves comments, they're really nice, but I'm barely having the energy to fully type this up).

So, I guess I'm going to just keep doing what I can and go from there, which I guess is the best I can do anywhere. Or something equally profound.

I get more loose with words when I haven't slept in almost 24 hours. More free with feelings. Which might not be a bad thing, since I'm so bad with feelings.

Reading: (finished this week and actively currently-reading)
Aliens: Fire and Stone by Chris Roberson, Patric Reynolds (3/5)
I'm enjoying this strange interconnecting thing that's happening. And I'm also glad I waited until they were all out and everything because I would be so annoyed at the end of every issue otherwise.

Alien vs Predator: Fire and Stone by Christopher Sebela, Ariel Olivetti (3/5)
Strange, interesting. I'd only suggest checking these out if you're interested in more of this world. I'm interested and, even then, at points I find myself not caring. Of course, that's something I've always had a problem with with certain horror things, it takes a special person to make you care about someone you know is probably going to die. Either way - fun, strange, weird, horror.

I made some project in Southern Reach trilogy and I also started What If?: Serious Scientific Questions to Absurd Hypotherical Questions. I'm enjoying both, but my reading fell off again at the end of the week, don't know what happened. Everything kind of fell off. There was a lot of sleeping and then insomnia.

Stuff:
It's been a weird week, I haven't really been up to much internet wise - mostly been writing and/or trying to read. However, I have been rewatching random episodes of Leverage. And I hope you all have at least given this show a try, god I miss it so much, all five seasons are fantastic, though.

Also - Daredevil was released on Netflix on the 10th. And oh god it's good. So good. I didn't know... anything about Matt as a character going in, and I debated reading some of the comics (like the most recent run or whatever) but ultimately decided against it. I've been introduced by most Marvel stuff by movies/TV so far, might as well continue that trend, I don't think it ruins it at all. I'm only on episode like 4 or 5, stuff is starting to really get good. It's a little slow at the beginning, building up all the characters before getting into the plot, but that definitely isn't a bad thing. And I'm excited to watch more! (Listen, I'm pacing myself)

Jen Recommends // Five Short Story Collections.

Maggie Stiefvater wrote a post. A post that if you're female or a human being you should read.

On the blog:
April 6th | Weekly Wrap Up #14
Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon | April 25th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment