Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Beginning (&stack) | Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon

And so it begins, another read-a-thon. Dewey's is a fantastic one and I hope you're all ready for it! I've got coffee, snacks, I think I am prepared. Oh, right, and a giant stack of books to pick from.

This is scheduled to go up, so I hope I'm actually awake (and curled up with a book and tea, let's do this!) I said before that I didn't have any real goals, and I don't, but that doesn't mean I also am not hoping towards some goals. I'm a goals kind of person and competitive, I've learned almost especially against myself.

So I have a huge stack of books that are possibilities for this read-a-thon. Novels, graphic novels, some ebooks.

I have so many comics/graphic novels/such in my possession that are unread that it's honestly becoming a problem. However, at the top for this read-a-thon are these:

  • Sex Criminals, Vol 2 by Matt Fraction, Chip Zdarsky
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol 2 by G. Willow Wilson
  • And then more single issues stuff - I have the end of the Alien Fire and Stone event, still haven't read that, and also issues #1-3 of Bitch Planet.
  • The Runaways: The Complete Collection, Vol 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
And then on the physical book side, I'm going much more young adult just because I read YA faster. And it's getting warmer now - finally - and I've started to kind of crave YA contemporary. So I've got that, some more fantasy YA, some completely off of that. It's a big stack of stuff that I might read because I've just found this is the best way to do it. And, really, my real stack is just the hundreds of unread books in the house plus ebooks plus what I could get on Scribd/Oyster. I'm a mood reader, and with a read-a-thon - just go with the flow. However, some possibilities:



  • Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Bucky Albertalli
  • Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian
  • Salt and Stone by Victoria Scott
  • A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
  • Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach
  • The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
  • Ask the Passangers by A.S. King
  • Early to Death, Early to Rise and Something Deadly This Way Comes by Kim Harrison
  • A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
  • Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman OR Trigger Warnings - short story collection to dig in and out of. 
Who knows what of that will be read, what won't, what I'll end up reading. But here we are - hour zero, I guess. What are you picking up first? / currently reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment