Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: Day Five

Number of books I've finished today: 3

Total Number of Books Finished: 7

Book(s):
The Blob That Ate Everyone by R.L. Stine (started and finished - 114 pages)
Bakuman, Volume 1: Dreams and Reality by Tsugumi Ohba (started and finished - 208 pages)
The Rithmatist (Rithmatist #1) by Brandon Sanderson (started and finished - 378 pages)

Number of pages read today: 700

Total Number of Pages Read: 1,600

Notes:
So I started today with a Goosebumps books, which was okay, a little 'meh.' And then I moved on to volume one of Bakuman, which I had heard really good things about, but just I found kind of okay. And then I picked up the Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson. I haven't read an abundant number of his books, only one, but I ended up staying up until four or five in the morning, and it turns out I couldn't put the Rithmatist down until I was finished with it, either. I just couldn't - it was such an amazing, fantastic world. Anyway, this isn't a review for that book, but after the two other 'meh' ones and how I've been struggling with Eleanor and Park, it was really nice to just be able to get into a book so easily.

Also it was the best reading day that I've had tis whole read-a-thon, which I was really happy about. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a ton more reading done. Always after I finish a really good book, I almost always have that 'what the hell do I read now?' problem, even though I have no lack of books, that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. 700 pages today?? :D That's awesome! Goog luck on our last day! :)

    http://bemusedbookworm.weebly.com/1/post/2013/08/bout-of-books-80.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely one of my best reading days this read-a-thon. And thanks!

      Also the name of your blog is adorable! :)

      Delete