Monday, August 26, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0: Day Seven and Final Wrap-Up!

Number of Books Finished Today: 3

Book(s):
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (continued and finished - 102 pages)
Blue Moon (Anita Blake #8) by Laurell K. Hamilton (continued and finished - 392 pages)
The Shepard's Tale (Serenity #3) by Joss and Zack Whedon (finished - 56 pages)
Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake #9) by Laurell K. Hamilton (started - )

Pages Read Today: 738

Notes:
It was a pretty good reading day. I woke up early, but took some breaks during the day, not long ones, but they were there. I am really glad I was able to finished Eleanor and Park today, took me all week to read this book but I did it.

And Anita Blake books are always a fun read, if kind of more just fun then anything else, but sometimes that's exactly what one needs. I started reading Obsidian Butterfly, knowing I had no chance of finishing it by the end of the day (this books is like twice as long as the last one, it's crazy).

Anyway, overall, I'm feeling like it was a good last day of Bout of Books and I'm excited for the next one. And, maybe, to finish Obsidian Butterfly tomorrow.

Totals:

Total Books Finished: 12

Total Pages Read: 2,898

Books Finished:
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
Those Left Behind (Serenity #1) by Joss Whedon
Warm Up by Victoria Schwab
Vicious by V.E. Schwab
The Blob That Ate Everyone by R.L. Stine
Bakuman, Vol. 1: Dreams and Reality by Tsugumi Ohba
The Rithmatist (Rithmatist #1) by Brandon Sanderson
Better Days (Serenity #2) by Joss Whedon
Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake #7) by Laurell K. Hamilton
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Blue Moon (Anita Blake #8) by  Laurell K. Hamilton
The Shepard's Tale (Serenity #3) by Joss and Zack Whedon

Thoughts and Further Notes:
I adore read-a-thons and Bout of Books is, I'm pretty sure, the first one I took part in. I adore read-a-thons, something I've really learned this year as this is my third one. And with this one, I definitely learned that I can get a lot read even if I read casually a couple of the days, but I think I get more enjoyment by trying to read as many books as humanly possible. It's just more fun that way.

I am extremely excited to take part in the next Bout of Books, taking place in January check out the blog here. And whatever other read-a-thons that come my way. I should probably do a marathon of writing reviews and posts, though, considering how many books I just read that I want to review.

Also Blogger has been a bit weird this week, you've probably noticed in some of my posts the test is oddly tiny. No matter what I do, I can't seem to change it to anything else, so I'm really sorry about that. Also, responding to comments isn't currently working, so I'm very sorry but I guess that's going to have to wait until Blogger starts behaving itself. Ah, Blogger...

Anyway, I hope all of you had a fun and book full read-a-thon, or just week. If you participated, I'd love to check up your wrap-up post!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, sometimes you just need something fun, especially in a readathon. Glad you have such a great week!

    My wrap-up: http://wp.me/p2ZSql-jy

    ReplyDelete